Safari door woes

• 1 month later...

Now that I'm allowed to play with heavy things again.....Door fitted and gapped. Opens and closes really nice, only took about a day to adjust hinges, locks and wheel carrier. Wheel carrier needs some tlc and some nice slippy (got a chunk of bronze bar that should do the job, assuming I can unearth it from its "safe" storage place) shims to get it parallel. 

20230725_161518.thumb.jpg.3f6097fa9a2fa6cc06a562b06db77d34.jpg

Then on to assembling dash, persuading handbrake to, well, brake (may have been a good idea to do that before the seat box was screwed n glued in place). Un-seizing rear brakes and sorting out the electrics for the fuel tank and rear lights - someone butchered the chassis loom (not me ) so there are no connectors. Only connector left is for the tow bar electrics. 

Oh and the fuel tank needs to come out to be de-silted and a new sender (300 tdi) unit fitted. But really need to get rid of the straggly little nettles that proliferate underneath the damn thing.

I hate nettles, why on earth did God invent nettles

Edited by JeffR