Roof Tents

pugwash

HI All, 

Last time i looked at roof tents, probably a decade ago, there were probably 4 worth having- James Baroud, Maggiolina, Hannibal and maybe thule or ARB

Nowadays their seem to be hundreds of suppliers- mostly Chinese presumably? 

Whats worth buying? do you need to shell out £3k for something that is easy to use, long lasting and waterproof, or is there a sweet spot where you can save some money, but still find quality? 

Looking for views on both hard shell and soft cover tents! 

Thanks All, 

Puggy

i bought a 2nd hand Ikamper for our trip round scotland this year, was very easy to use, seem to hold there value well if you intend to resell, i like the fact with the reasnable thick canvas, its dark inside even during the day,

I have a no brand (assume chinese) copy of the easi awn. Toured a lot with it and its fine. Hard wearing, waterproof, comfy and easy to use. We can get it up in 5 mins and down in about the same. I dont bother with the ground skirt often unless we are staying somewhere for a longer time.