Bigwood found a hole!

Everyone OK? Damage?

Thanks for the thoughts, yes we are ok. Damage minimal, exaust a bit skew wif now wired up, o/s rear corner pannel small crease, o/s/r cross member bent under a bit, n/s mudflap still in water( son wouldnt retreve it), n/s reflector missing, speedo and temp gauge misted up, soggy seats walet and bum. Not bad for a first atempt at Kirton. On reflection can I say I made a mistake at Kirton that other people should be aware of. There is no set route, no difernt types of terain marked, easy ,hard , severe ect. Iff like me you havnt been to some were before and you dont have someone to show you round be carefull or go with a group or club.

Just to set the facts straight my incedent was a mistake on my part . Having got in a gulley with steep sides and unable to get up the far bank I checked on foot for other ways out. Along the edge of the pond seemed ok untill the banking gave way and I stated to slide sideways. Full right lock slowed us down then the offside front wheel dropped in a hole. The rest is in the pictures.Thanks again for all the help I belive there have been worse incidents than mine. I did offer to buy the teas but no one took up the offer, my money was wet by lunch time, the lady in the tea van gave me some funny looks when I tipped the water out of my walet!!!.

Just to set the facts straight my incedent was a mistake on my part . Having got in a gulley with steep sides and unable to get up the far bank I checked on foot for other ways out. Along the edge of the pond seemed ok untill the banking gave way and I stated to slide sideways. Full right lock slowed us down then the offside front wheel dropped in a hole. The rest is in the pictures.Thanks again for all the help I belive there have been worse incidents than mine. I did offer to buy the teas but no one took up the offer, my money was wet by lunch time, the lady in the tea van gave me some funny looks when I tipped the water out of my walet!!!.

Baptisim of fire Im afraid!

We deliberately dont set "routes" as this is a major bore once you have done a circuit - be free!

Of course, any potential seriously dangerous ground is marked, but dont be put off, if you want a guided tour, Im sure one of the marshalls will oblige.

Youre were a little unlucky, that hole isnt usually flooded just full of water, normally you can see it. But thats the beauty of this site, its quite dynamic.

But as you mentioned, it is of paramount importance that you walk and observe the desired path on foot, a stick or branch makes an excellent depth gauge.

Although, youre not the first......

deeppuddle2.jpg

The first time i went to Kirton, I parked the 90 up in the carpark and left it there.

Spent the first couple of hours riding around with other people, getting to see the site and learn about it, then the guy driving the disco i was in blew his front diff, so i spent the afternoon stripping the axle down with him so he could drive home in 2wd.

ho hum, been back a few more times since then :D