4.6v8 oil filter relocation

Evening chaps, I’m finally getting around to working on my V8 project again after a few year of life getting in the way, question tonight is earlier I was looking at the location of the oil filter (4.6v8 Gems) and I’m not too keen on where it sits and wonder if anyone knows of a decent oil filter relocation kit that would suit it? Also should I be running an oil cooler? I very rarely go off road with it and don’t push her overly hard

The standard mocal spin-on one is about your best bet - 1/2 BSP fittings so you can get hoses & ends cheap from the hydraulic shop and just cut to length & terminate in situ for neatnes, just check in advance if you want swept fittings to clear things and check which way round you want the ports in the filter mount to be facing.

Very unlikely you'd need an oil cooler, neither of mine have them - I just put telltale temperature indicator stickers on everything and none have ever shown hot enough to worry about or justify a cooler.

• Thanks 1

Depends how your plumbing is going to go, I swapped filter heads to make the pipes a bit neater / not fouling things:

2018-11-18_13-25-16.jpg  2018-11-18_16-26-16.jpg

Old / new, just puts the pipes in a better place to avoid rubbing. Worth having a quick think before hitting the buy button, in some trucks it could make a difference between fitting nicely and not fitting at all.

My takeoff, plus blanked oil cooler port(s):

2018-11-18_13-27-33.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1