Slickshift 1st and 2nd gear difficult

Having successfully converting the top remote housing of my Disco LT77 to a Defender one, and installing a slickshift, I’m now struggling to find 1st and 2nd gear. 

Reverse, 3rd, 4th, 5th are all a dream. I’m wondering if I have my bias springs adjusted incorrectly. Does anyone know what this problem could be? Am I missing something obvious? I doubt it is gearbox selector issues as it was selecting fine beforehand. 

Cheers

image.jpg

Edited by Geojake

was it working before you installed the slick-shift ? , or did you put the remote shifter and slickshift in at the same time ?

if the later , i would get rid off the slickshifter and make sure that all works as it should be in stock form . 

1 hour ago, Mo Murphy said:

What's difficult about it ? Will it not go into gear or will the lever not go over far enough ? 

I suspect you need to adjust your bias to allow the lever to go further over to the left.

HTH

Mo

Hi Mo, it goes left just fine. Don’t forget reverse is next to 1st on LT77, and I can select that. Just can’t seem to find 1st/2nd. Very bizarre 

51 minutes ago, hurbie said:

was it working before you installed the slick-shift ? , or did you put the remote shifter and slickshift in at the same time ?

if the later , i would get rid off the slickshifter and make sure that all works as it should be in stock form . 

Yeah I did them both at the same time. I stripped everything down, degreased it till it was spotless and then re grease everything. I even rebuild the reverse plunger- the lot. I can’t see what the problem can be 🤔