oil filter housing APC 26222 BCD1

dwd

Hello all. Have just bought oil filter for my series 111 petrol 2.5. RTC 3184. BUT holes are far too large to fit the rod holding it & the actual housing all together, on looking at the oil filter housing its marked APC 26222 BCD1 & is totally different from the series three oil filter assembly (537229). I have googled APC 26222 BCD1 & cant find anything. Any one know where I can find the washers,seals, spring etc that hold the filter cartridge in place? Or which landrover the oil filter housing APC 26222 BCD1 is meant to fit so that I can find its part number? Or which filter will fit this housing? Thanks in anticipation DW.

apc1.jpg

apc2.jpg

Sorry, I can’t answer the question directly.  All I can recommend is that unless you want a very original configuration, that you find the filter housing from any of 17H (2.5 petrol), 12J, 19J or 200Tdi (all versions) to use a simple spin-on canister for cleaner and easier servicing.  It is a direct swap.

thanks for the prompt reply, will look into those other housings, probably quicker than using the lathe to make new "top hot" washers to fit the RTC 3184 filter with its v.large dia holes. Rgds DW.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Gazzar said:

Just don't fit the TDI filter housing with blanking plugs for the oil cooler hoses. It can starve the engine. There's a "how to" on the landyzone site. 

Unless the 200Tdi housing differs from the earlier 2.5 housing (which would be news to me), you just need to remove the oil stat and fit the correct blanks (to the housing or to the pipes, but to housing is neater and more robust).  If you just cut the oil cooler pipes still fitted and cap them but leave the oil stat installed, the oil stat will block bypass flow when warm but blanks will block the cooler routing too.  There is an internal passage on the 200 housing to bypass the cooler when cold, just like on the 12J/19J, or they wouldn’t bother fitting the oil stat and would have permanent full flow through the cooler.

Hello all, I wonder if anyone has a photo/parts diagram of 2.25 petrol oil filter assembly, I ordered a filter RTC3184 see att parts dia)  but the top/bottom holes are too large for the rod & couple of washers in mine to hold it in an oil tight position. I have looked on the web but cant find anyone selling the correct sized washers/seals (if anyone knows where to get them please let me know) so looks like I will have to make them on the lathe. But I need sizes so any pics showing your oil assembly internals used to hold the RTC3184 would be gratefully recieved. see att pic of what I have inside of mine. What should I have as opposed to whats there?

housing2.jpg

oil-filter-225-litre-petrol.png

housing bolt.jpg