P38A axle flange bolts??

twodoorgaz

Hi folks.

a bit stumped. Dad has a beautifully maintained 1999 P38A 4.6 Vogue and is just stripping the back axle ready for a diff recon @Hybrid_From_Hell Nige - he's spoken with you and it'll be headed your way.

The flanged bolts (actually a screw: M10x26mm) that fasten the hub are being a bugger to remove and will need replaced. No great shakes - he'll just order new ones...

Except the part number doesn't seem to be listed anywhere.

He's checked the bootleg microcat CD, I've since checked all the places I usually use: lrcat .ru and https://parts.jaguarlandroverclassic.com/parts/index/hierarchy/id/9.55819.56286/brand/land-rover/ and Allbrit and it isn't shown in the diagrams. I've found a diagram that shows it in the Bearmach catalogue, but there's no part number listed. He's also been to the local dealer and their parts team couldn't find it.

Through a process of elimination we think its LR050515, which looks right and is the right size but with it being a safety critical part you don't want to take a chance on the size being right but the grade being wrong.

So does anyone have any other way of checking? I did have access to the LR system last year but my subscription has expired.

Screaming ideal scenario here is that someone can find an image from another source and screenshot it - just to give peace of mind.

Just to be clear, these are the twelve flanged bolts (six on each side) that pass through the flanges on the axle casing to hold the stub (I'm not familiar with 38As myself, so I assume there's a stub axle there).

He takes care to keep all the parts Genuine, so doesn't want to just buy generic 10.9 flanged screws at this stage. If LR050515 is correct then they're cheap enough.

Thank you very much.

Edited by twodoorgaz