Seats... going in circles!

Hello everyone! Over the years I have had various seats in the 90, sometimes with a full roof, canvas, bikini top, truck cab...... however many years have passed since I last used it as daily vehicle and it turns out I am older now and want more comfort! So the HD springs are going, sound proofing going in and all sorts.

Which leads me to seats. I currently have some usable but slightly tatty modular seats in it. I am 6ft 2 and don't find them comfy despite having the mud bulk head removal bar and the extended rails no amount of moving them gives me the support I need up my back (anyone want them?!)

I have some standard seats as well and will try them again (but there is a reason I always ended up replacing them!) so I have been reading about RX8 seats, MGF seats, MX5 seats. I have been lucky enough to own all but the RX8 so far and have done miles in an RX8 and I found them to be excellent.

What I can't find from all the posts about them is anyone who is my height, has the bulk head removed on extended rails and can't rest their pint on their belly (!) saying they all fit in nicely! Maybe some photos?!  Or are there other options I am overlooking?

As you can see many modernisations are starting to occur to make it easier to use every day. Now if only I knew what happened to 3 of the speakers over the last decade which are all missing!

Cheers

df636755-9489-490a-b508-b5b475b8fc40.jpg

I have RRC seats in my 110, which I think makes it about the same as a 90 with the bulkhead removal bar? I am 6ft. Not sure that helps but they are a lot deeper than the standard seat and I fit in fine. I am not the slimmest and not the biggest person you will ever meet. Decidedly average really...

Is that a tablet or a modern head unit replacement in there?

2 hours ago, reb78 said:

I have RRC seats in my 110, which I think makes it about the same as a 90 with the bulkhead removal bar? I am 6ft. Not sure that helps but they are a lot deeper than the standard seat and I fit in fine. I am not the slimmest and not the biggest person you will ever meet. Decidedly average really...

Is that a tablet or a modern head unit replacement in there?

Will have a look at RRC seats as well - more to add to the thought process!

Its a modern heat unit thing ordered from AliExpress for £40! 10 inch screen and average indeed however I put one in my X5 last year and for the money it does the job nicely. All I really want is spotify, audible and sat nav for which I tend to use Co-Pilot. I need to finish the install and sort some decent big speakers out somewhere and maybe an amp? However for so little money I figure they are almost identical to the really expensive ones just with out lots of people taking a cut in the middle!

3 hours ago, andy.cowman said:

Will have a look at RRC seats as well - more to add to the thought process!

Its a modern heat unit thing ordered from AliExpress for £40! 10 inch screen and average indeed however I put one in my X5 last year and for the money it does the job nicely. All I really want is spotify, audible and sat nav for which I tend to use Co-Pilot. I need to finish the install and sort some decent big speakers out somewhere and maybe an amp? However for so little money I figure they are almost identical to the really expensive ones just with out lots of people taking a cut in the middle!

My amp is in the battery box and I have a 10inch sub mounted into the rear of a custom made cubby box. The front speakers can be specced up in size with spacers made of MDF - this brings them out and so allows an increase in diameter and depth of speaker (I have 4 inch 2 ways in the front) but be careful of knee room. For the rear, those mudstuff offerings just seemed ridiculous - they put the speakers low down and ready to get muffled by luggage and covered in rubbish. So I made speaker boxes to fit into the rear corners of the roof and have 6 inch three ways in there. Its a nice setup. None of the 'normal' speakers are that big so not bassy but the sub does that once you have it setup properly and the fader balanced as you want. 

Those Mud rear speaker mounts are a broad copy of what LR did for the NAS 90s, which had rag tops so needed the speakers mounted in the tub.  They aren’t a bad solution unless you regularly carry stuff on the wheel arches.

I installed a LaSalle headlining in my 109 hard top, so had a good location to mount the rear speakers above the rear quarter lights.