Engine mount locations.... standard d90 200tdi vs 300tdi

Hello!

I have a genuine 200tdi 1993 defender 90. I have a donor X5 3.0d.... you can probably see where I am heading 

All the kits for engine mounts etc talk about the 300tdi, so my question is are the standard engine mount positions for the 300tdi the same as a 200tdi? 

Thanks!

57 minutes ago, andy.cowman said:

Hello!

I have a genuine 200tdi 1993 defender 90. I have a donor X5 3.0d.... you can probably see where I am heading 

All the kits for engine mounts etc talk about the 300tdi, so my question is are the standard engine mount positions for the 300tdi the same as a 200tdi? 

Thanks!

Andy, are you using the 6 speed auto ?

Mo

OK Andy

With the M57 and 6 speed auto the gearbox / transfer box mounts will go in the same place they are now which allows you to keep your propshafts. The engine mounts go where they land once your back end is located.

I've used House of Torque (who are really supportive of the conversion community) for all parts excepting the mounts and adapter which were out of stock at the time and were sourced from MW (who are not). 

https://mwmachines.co.uk/shop/m57n-6-speed-automatic-engine-mount-kit

This is a really nicely engineered and fabricated kit, easy to fit and works well using 300tdi rubbers. Select pre 300 and bolt on gearbox mounts in the drop down menus.

I do have a build thread in the Members Vehicle section.

HTH

Mo

2 hours ago, Mo Murphy said:

OK Andy

With the M57 and 6 speed auto the gearbox / transfer box mounts will go in the same place they are now which allows you to keep your propshafts. The engine mounts go where they land once your back end is located.

I've used House of Torque (who are really supportive of the conversion community) for all parts excepting the mounts and adapter which were out of stock at the time and were sourced from MW (who are not). 

https://mwmachines.co.uk/shop/m57n-6-speed-automatic-engine-mount-kit

This is a really nicely engineered and fabricated kit, easy to fit and works well using 300tdi rubbers. Select pre 300 and bolt on gearbox mounts in the drop down menus.

I do have a build thread in the Members Vehicle section.

HTH

Mo

Thanks Mo, 

Great info, particularly about House Of Torque being supportive. Will certainly go toward them, I am not in a desperate rush so wil just start collecting what I need that isn't on the X5 already.

I found your thread earlier and had a good read!

Many thanks