LT95 expertise requested - breathers - serial number location

I picked up a range rover classic LT95 before I bought the 101, in anticipation, and it was cheap. 

I was looking at it this morning to see if the transfer box high gears could be scavenged from it for the 101, but I couldn't find the number on the transfer box in the usual place.

Anyone know of alternative locations, before I disassemble the container to get it out into daylight? 

Also, this 'box has breathers on the box itself, not remote, is this normal?

IMG_20240311_091025.jpg

IMG_20240311_091014.jpg

Enh? According to the parts book, it's an early type. No hints on the serial location, though.

The 101 boxes have breathers that run up to the rear of the engine = specifically to a bracket on the air intake cross over pipe - see that are the clear plastic pipes in the centre of the pic that run under the gear linkage up to the air intake pipe - note that bend down at this connection to prevent water entering and flowing back into the gearbox.

100_0422.jpg.f57edf5e979124236123548c7c75854b.jpg

Breather set up is normal for an early box along with the dipstick.

Serial numbers are on the rear face of the transfer box, although I have it in my head there are numbers on the top of the box somewhere, I could be wrong though as it's at least 30 years since I worked on one.

I looked at the usual place, no joy. I'll ignore it for a bit, but am slightly curious that it might have a LSD. Might twist the output shafts and see what happens