PAS pump part number please.....

Can't believe this is so hard to nail....

I think the part is ANR2003..

It's a on a 110 CSW 3.5 V8 1989...

Pics from top and bottom..

post-1475-1170803689_thumb.jpg

post-1475-1170803810_thumb.jpg

Anyone care to clear things up for me.. This appears to be the only thing now/currently dropping oil onto my drive !! (Connections are good. Looks to be coming out from behind pulley wheel..)

Also price variations are mad (If this is the part..)

£124.99 (Ex VAT)

£180.77 (Ex VAT)

£135.00 (VAT situation unknown)

£135.00 (Ex. VAT advertised as pattern part..)

Is this one of those "Use genuine parts" parts or would pattern part suffice ??

Thanks in advance..

Neil

Can't believe this is so hard to nail....

I think the part is ANR2003..

It's a on a 110 CSW 3.5 V8 1989...

Pics from top and bottom..

post-1475-1170803689_thumb.jpg

post-1475-1170803810_thumb.jpg

Anyone care to clear things up for me.. This appears to be the only thing now/currently dropping oil onto my drive !! (Connections are good. Looks to be coming out from behind pulley wheel..)

Also price variations are mad (If this is the part..)

£124.99 (Ex VAT)

£180.77 (Ex VAT)

£135.00 (VAT situation unknown)

£135.00 (Ex. VAT advertised as pattern part..)

Is this one of those "Use genuine parts" parts or would pattern part suffice ??

Thanks in advance..

Neil

EPC lists:

ANR2003 up to 24G 10889A, and

NTC9198 from 24G 10890A

Main dealer prices £160-£170

If that's your only leak thats pretty good going!

I fitted PAS last year to my 2.5NA 110, brought a complete V8 system off ebay, having bin told that the V8's PAS system would fit with a minor adjustment to the bracket (complete BULLS**T), however like you I had loads of trouble trying to find information on the V8's pump, this is what I found out.

The V8 PAS pump comes in 3 flavours:

610020 which is the Ad-West version fitted to early Range Rovers and was fitted until 1987

ANR2003(P) up to engine number 24G10889

Carb Engines

30 Series – Cast pump housing

200 Series – Pressed pump housing (black finish)

NTC9198 from engine number 24G10890

QVB101110 EFi Engines

As far as I can remember if the pump code is followed by the letter E (i.e. ANR2003E) it is a re-manufactured part exchange.

Not being a V8 owner I've no idea how accurate this information is but I think it's right; I still have the pump if you are looking for a replacement.

V8-PAS-Pump.jpg

I've never had the pump running but I was told it was in full working order with no leaks and no end float. It came off of a 1989 3.5 V8 efi, the part number on it is HES HE25016/105152.

Hope this helps :D

EPC lists:

ANR2003 up to 24G 10889A, and

NTC9198 from 24G 10890A

Main dealer prices £160-£170

If that's your only leak thats pretty good going!

I agree with Kieth, EPC drawing shows the same fittings as your photoo's, Genuine or Pattern won't make any difference as there made by Holborn Eaton anyway.

Ok.. So I got engine number under 24G 10 (24G043...) so it'll be the ANR one then...

And looking at your one Pyrover, it's from a later version (EFi) and pulley wheel is totally different... May have to go hunting then...

Thanks again to all... (What took you so long Ralph ! You still not feeling well matey ?)

We'd better take this to PM or MSN as the Mod will be along in a minute and have a go for hijacking thread and being off topic...

(U recon that pump shown would fit ?)

in reply to your top line above :hysterical: we're safe, I'll :rtfm: to myself

so long as the new pump is identical to the existing one then yep, shouldn't be any problems.

Edited by western

Chuffed or what....

Just rang round a few Main Stealers and found one to be a Main Dealer.... Told me where someone else had the part on stock on screen, told me that it was now showing as a obsolete item.

Retail for the new part should have been £200.85.... Was nice to them, told them I knew is was obsolete and did they want to clear the stock item and they are letting me have it for £120 !!

:) :)

Too different for a man of my abilities... And "bodge"... I'm not qualified to bodge stuff ! ;) I'd need some serious training from one as well known as yerself Jim...

Now the proud owner of the real macoy...

post-1475-1170958232_thumb.jpg

post-1475-1170958255_thumb.jpg

Now all I need is this snow to buggar off and daylight to stay around until 9pm.... (Or a weekend to sneak up on me !!)

And.. Looking at hte one posted above by Pyrover, the more I look and compare the two, the more I think it might be the same part ! :) Hey ho.... I got myself a brand spanking, never used in anger version... "My precious...."

looks similar to a 200Tdi pump that. which means, when you take the old one off its easy to fix as a spare.

remove the pressure relief valve & the 'can' will prise off the back. then there is about 4 bolts holding the pump together. on mine there was then a rotor & vanes (roller bearings they look like) to lift out, but i think a defender has gears which is even easier. then the pump 'body' lifts off, its just like a giant spacer. you should then be able to see the oil seal. drift the little pulley the pulley mounts too off the front of the shaft. i held the little pulley in a vice & tapped the shaft so the pump fell off. the plastic cover slides off & reveals the spring clip that retains the bearing. take the clip off & lift the shaft out.

replace bearing (might as well mine was about £6)

replace the oil seal (dunno i forgot to change mine)

reassembly is a reversal of strip-down (hey you could use that in a book/comic)

as an aside ive seen a few pumps fail cause the magent you'll find inside to collect swarf has moved & blocked the intake hose.

Thanks for that Andy..

I've seen a few kits advertised to re-furb these.. I may have a go but since the first one has lasted 145k it will hopefully be a while before another replacement is required...

(However I may do just for a bit of learning...)

New PAS installed... Only difference from original was studs where the pulley connects. The old one had bolts.... I just used some new nuts and washers and used the studs...

Was easier than getting the studs out and also meant I keep the belt tension adjuster in the same place and not have the battle with getting the bolts in against the belt tension...

Now just gotta see if this one is leak free ! :)