Leaking injector pump

Harry m

To do it properly it's taken the whole pump apart, where it's leaking is basically the first bit with a seal on to go into the pump. Given the cleanliness required you want the pump off and on a bench. A few have stretched the ring over the housing into its groove by carefully pulling the rear housing out. Personally I don't see why you would get an O ring, knacker it like that during fitting and think it was agood idea.

• Like 1

To answer the question of how to get the pump off, there are at least 2 ways. 

One is to take off the timing cover etc as if changing the timing belt then unbolt the pulley and unbolt the pump, having undone the plumbing etc. You need timing pins and probably a tool to hold the crankshaft while undoing and doing up the crank pulley bolt. But if you need to change the belt this is a good way.

Alternatively you can get a timing tool set, about £30 on the well known sites. This includes timing pins. You set the engine and pump to the timing position with the pins, and remove the bolts holding the pump pulley to the flange through the small cover in the timing cover. You then bolt a disc (also included) to the outside of the cover to hold the pulley in place and draw the pulley off the pump. As you tighten the bolts the pulley is held in position against the cover. You can then unbolt and withdraw the pump. Returning the pump is the reverse of disassembly. There is no need to disturb the timing belt etc this way.

• Like 1

On 7/1/2024 at 10:26 PM, vulcan bomber said:

To do it properly it's taken the whole pump apart, where it's leaking is basically the first bit with a seal on to go into the pump. Given the cleanliness required you want the pump off and on a bench. A few have stretched the ring over the housing into its groove by carefully pulling the rear housing out. Personally I don't see why you would get an O ring, knacker it like that during fitting and think it was agood idea.

I think there is a BritRest video showing that method.  Personally, I agree with you that it seems a bad idea.

I've  seen the video pulling thr O ring over the block and I think what has been said is right I really don't want to take the pump apart so I'll will take it of and take it in to have it sorted better to have some who knows what they are doing look at it.

Thanks for the replies