What do you think I should do

DUSTY

I just bought a 2nd series 3 swb

It came with parabolics, winch , CB Radio, 3 full sets of wheels 650's , 750's and a nice set of bronco dirt devils, Rangey Diffs, brand new set of wheel arch spats still in the packets.

swing out spare wheel carrier..

the delema starts here,, it is fitted with a 3ltr essex lump and 4 barrel holley carb,,

the starter needs sorting and it is believed to have a head gasket gone on one of the banks,,(Im a mechanic so work is no problem)

I have the gasket but I also have a perfectly working 2 1/4 landy engine,

I only paid 250 for it and the chassis , bulk head are real good,

i was going to put the landy engine in it and ebay it

would it sell better 3ltr or 2 1/4

and if I decide to keep it where can I get insurance for a 3ltr ford powered landy and is it a sky high premium,, im 37 so age is on my side

debate starts here

Fix the V6 lump and keep it. Adrian flux is cheap for modified landys. I'm 32 and pay about £160 fully comp for mine owning up to all the mods and mines runnign a 3.5 V8.

2.25 petrol is a ghastly engine. A decent powerplant really transforms a series IMHO. V6 supposedly suits the series well.

HTH

Jon

I had a lightweight fitted with an Essex V6 - went lovely on the road (great for the traffic grand prix :) (if you could change gear quick enough and first was pretty much u/s) but a bit revvy for my taste off road.

Only other thing is it did a head gasket a month, i might just have had a bad one but one of my mates into classic fords suggested that the essex had a habit of doing this. The 2.8 v6 is a better bet.

COSWORTH! ;) ;) ;)

In all seriousness, talk to Dave H at the Shires about the ford V6's, what he doesn't know isn't worth knowing. His website is www.ep90.com you can have a look at his hybrid, he was responsible for writing some of the EDIS code that MegaSquirt now runs, hopefully he'll be getting the hybrid back on the road for Seven Sisters in two weeks. Failing that, I know someone who might be *very* interested in buying that vehicle from you.

Don't fit a landy engine, yuk :P