Well ain't that typical

siggy

Well family -Dad Mum Swmbo, little 'un and me took trip up to North East to say adios to the rest of the tribe as it'll be along time before swmbo little 'un and me will manage to do it again. After all we leave for Canada next tuesday

Well I have be borrowing Dads defender 110 since I sold mine now it run faultless for me well apart from the initial engine trouble and replacement.

Now I gave dad my (his spare) keys back on friday since that was when my insurance ran out... Minutes later we set off to Saltburn-by-the-sea Spa Hotel AKA Fawlty Towers. Run up was fine and running about was fine sunday morning ready to come home dang immobiliser wouldn't turn off... opened up the keyfob found two of the three soldered connections holding battery in were broken.......... We had a meeting with family one last time so asked about no soldering irons so last ditch rang an old school mate and he had one whoopee resoldered the joints and went to local supermarket to get a cr2032 battery only they didn't have a battery :angry: sold out so dad grabbed a cr2025 battery initially it worked after stopping for fuel but then after a quick stop for toilet and drinks etc it wouldn't go but I managed to get it to work by shorting out the battery to the metal bracket with my watches metal strap

anyway new cr2032 battery bought yesterday but still no joy with keyfob (spare set work fine)

But of all the things to stop you getting home

YA JUS GOTTA LOVE LANDIES

on and the wrist my watch was on is giving me jip now

Bloody hell Siggy you were about four miles from me....

Know the Spa well and Saltburn too.... I drive PAST it regularly to get to Somerfield....

Good luck over the other side of the pond!!!

To calibrate a keyfob to an OEM Alarm you need to have a "security code". Is there anyway to find this 4 digit code with out going to the dealers/landrover

Basically is the code hidden in the chassis/ Vin/ other number combination found on a landie or will it always be a dealer job

Siggy ----- Basically is the code hidden in the chassis/ Vin/ other number combination found on a landie or will it always be a dealer job

unlikely to be part of the VIN number, would be to easy for scumbags to nick it then, have a look in the handbook [if your Dad has it] most likely on a credit card type card in there or written on one of the pages in the alarm/immobiliser section. otherwise a main dealer visit.

To calibrate a keyfob to an OEM Alarm you need to have a "security code". Is there anyway to find this 4 digit code with out going to the dealers/landrover

Basically is the code hidden in the chassis/ Vin/ other number combination found on a landie or will it always be a dealer job

don't know who told you that but it is wrong for a std 2 button LR alarm system - the four digit EKA code is for key access and is entered via the drivers door lock, nothing at all to do with programming a new key fob

you do however need a diagnostic system to program the new fob and you need to have the old one there too or it will stop working

Testbook etc can read the EKA code out of the alarm ECU while you are at it, so you know it next time the fob gets dropped in an asphalt machine or whatever...