pricing help please

pux

Hi guys im after your advice please as most off you seem to be quite good with your hybrids and special trucks. What i have is a ser IIa 109 body on a rangie chassi, the body has been cut too a 100" the spec as follows :blink:

IN CAB:

Bucket seats with harness

custom switchs i.e fuel cut off, battery isolator switch, fan over ride, rufftracks winch control panel and then the usaul switches

fire extingisher

apart from that she is bare inside easier to clean etc

Off roading goodies:

Superwinch ep9 and marlow plasma rope

scorpion racing winch bumper

Full Roll cage

2" procomp lift and extended brake lines

rear dislocation cones

waffle board holders

2x lockable tool boxs

33x12.50 kumho mud terrain tyres on mangel wheels x5

Snorkel

The rest of the truck:

custom rear fuel tank

V8 3.5

twin kenlowe fans

stright through exhuast

hi lift jack mounts

soft top truck cab

There is probaly more that i can think of later :blink: so all im after Guys is what sort of price do you think she is worth, thanks for your help in advance :D

DSCF0780.jpg

DSCF0778.jpg

DSCF0777.jpg

The only bad point is the paint work but i will be painting it nato green soon with black chequer plate :ph34r: Thanks

The only thing i can say, is that mine, the one entitled Another shires 100' Kingcab has a value of £3500 on the insurance. Basically that is what it cost to build.

Other than that it is what you can get, ebay may not be the best guide, alot of what gets sold seems from images to vary alot, i know that a 'rough' 100 hybrid of a friend of a friends sold for £1500 on ebay. However, the same builder has since seen mine, and admitted that he should have finished it better, and would then have got more for it.

Cheers, the reason why im asking is that i sold my disco to buy this for playing with and pug 306 for everyday, but im really missing driving a landy everyday and hate driving my jelly mould of a car :blink::rolleyes: so was just gauging reaction on prices to see if its feesable to sell it and get an ordinary 90 that i can just mod for greenlaneing :D or if it seems the value is to low in the Hybrid i will keep her a keep on modding :D;) thanks

IIRC, you had the artic camo disco?

First question would be, what did you pay for it?

Yeah that was mine :D errr to be honest i rather reveal the price when i have seen what people thimk or you might laugh at me lol, it was a great deal of money :D

IMHO NO Hybrid that you build wikll ever give you anything but a loss when you sell it :(

Sometimes its actaully worth more in bits (what I did to mine !) :huh:

I would say its worth what someone will pay, but I would say around £2000 ish

Now 90s are less you'll battle

Oddly the Q Plate will help as its prob more genuine than a bitsa Tax exempt coil sprung illegal thingy,

Nige

Well, the most important thing is, you must have been happy to pay that price, or you would not have it now?

The other thing to do is put it on ebay with a silly reserve, and see what happens, then pull it before the end?

I saw a very tidy 100 truckcab last summer, based on defender bits, 90, with a correctly shortened 110 tub with no chassis reduction, sprayed in burgundy, that was up around the £4500 - £5000 mark with a buy it now of £5500 ish. It was a while ago, so i am searching the recesses of the brain. Never saw it readvertised, so i presume it sold. It had no offroad mods, just bfg muds on mods.

IMHO NO Hybrid that you build wikll ever give you anything but a loss when you sell it :(

Sometimes its actaully worth more in bits (what I did to mine !) :huh:

I would say its worth what someone will pay, but I would say around £2 to £3000

Nige

Cheers Nige the price you are saying sounds right to me :blink: its a lovely truck and such fun to drive its just not a everyday truck :o and thats what im missing so, im thinking of selling the hybrid and the stupid jelly mould car and lump it into a nice unmolested 90 well untill i get me oily mits on it :ph34r::D

Well, the most important thing is, you must have been happy to pay that price, or you would not have it now?

The other thing to do is put it on ebay with a silly reserve, and see what happens, then pull it before the end?

I saw a very tidy 100 truckcab last summer, based on defender bits, 90, with a correctly shortened 110 tub with no chassis reduction, sprayed in burgundy, that was up around the £4500 - £5000 mark with a buy it now of £5500 ish. It was a while ago, so i am searching the recesses of the brain. Never saw it readvertised, so i presume it sold. It had no offroad mods, just bfg muds on mods.

Emmmm i might just give eblag a go for a price guide, lately im really beginning to hate eblag too :huh: what to do hey :lol:

A lot of it depends on the workmanship too, and the quality of muppet you can find to pay for it :lol: if you find someone who has more money than sense and thinks it's cool you can flog it for loads.

The thing is you can make something that *looks* the part but is held together with string and breaks down every 5 minutes or you can make something that doesn't look special but is a fantastic vehicle and the first one will sell for more most of the time.

You're better off selling the mods separately - a winch is worth more on its own on eBay than it is bolted to your truck. Same for protection, wheels and tyres, pretty much any bling that you can unbolt!

A lot of it depends on the workmanship too, and the quality of muppet you can find to pay for it :lol: if you find someone who has more money than sense and thinks it's cool you can flog it for loads.

The thing is you can make something that *looks* the part but is held together with string and breaks down every 5 minutes or you can make something that doesn't look special but is a fantastic vehicle and the first one will sell for more most of the time.

You're better off selling the mods separately - a winch is worth more on its own on eBay than it is bolted to your truck. Same for protection, wheels and tyres, pretty much any bling that you can unbolt!

emmm very true about the unbolting of goodies :blink::blink: ill give it that the person who built this did very well.......... I might just keep it run it through the summer and then see, im just really missing driving a landy everyday :blink::blink::blink::( cheers guys for your help but keep the info coming thanks :P