RRC body lift kits

jules

From memory of a previous discussion about Discoverys, there may be issues with the hi-lo lever length and also the steering linkage.

Also need to think about the tank filler neck and rear seat belt mounts.......if you are planning on keeping them!!

I'm sure others that have done it will tell you more pitfalls!!

HTH

Adrian

I am about to fit a lift kit to my LSE is there anything I need to look out for or know about body lifts.

Thanks

Julian

I am looking to do the same to mine, but some of the kits are so-o-o expensive... What are you thinking of using - kit or roll-your-own?

I reckon from my investigations that up to 1.5" (1" to be on the safe side) you should be ok with the steering and the H/L lever, but you will need to move the front brake hose mountings (or replace the hoses with longer ones). The steering, apparently, is just a matter of slacken it right off and re-tighten in it's new position after the lift.

Rog

p.s. I read somewhere that you should do one side then the other rather than end to end...

If anyone is interested a mate of mine is about to remove a 2" body lift from his Disco (guessing just the tubes and longer bolts). I said i would help him to sell it on as he has no computer. If you are prepared to wait a while I reckon he would take £20 plus postage for it. PM me if interested

Mark

I am looking to do the same to mine, but some of the kits are so-o-o expensive... What are you thinking of using - kit or roll-your-own?

I reckon from my investigations that up to 1.5" (1" to be on the safe side) you should be ok with the steering and the H/L lever, but you will need to move the front brake hose mountings (or replace the hoses with longer ones). The steering, apparently, is just a matter of slacken it right off and re-tighten in it's new position after the lift.

Rog

p.s. I read somewhere that you should do one side then the other rather than end to end...

I was planning on removing everything from one side then a large block of wood under the sill then hilift the body up the 2" I need the repet on the other side.

I have not extended the normal sill guards yet to fit the LSE.

Beamach got me some +4" hoses so I don't need to worry about that.

I got mine from Bearmach it was around the £200 mark ish I can't remember but looking at it sod making all those parts it would be too much like hard work for me :D

OF's mate has a kit going cheap I would go for that.