Paul's been in New Zealand....

70siia

Yes, your beloved Mod has been over on our side of the ditch, and I do believe he fell in love....

376629968.jpg

For those who can't quite see, that's a nice little 'V8' on that there front guard.... B)

A genuine 50th Aniiversary V8 90. Paul was last seen trying to work out what the excess baggage allowance was on the flight home..... :o

(If you want to see more photos of this lovely beast, go to Christchurch Landrover and click the 'Used Vehicles' link.)

PS: Paul, I found the forum!! :D

I'm baaack!

And a very warm welcome to the forum Ashley. :)

For the benefit of the rest of you, I've just spent a week in Christchurch, mostly on business , but I did have a couple of days at the end for SWMBO and I to enjoy ourselves. :D

Let me get a couple of things clear, firstly, it's not compulsory for visitors to have any kind of questionable relationship with a sheep :o before they let you in through customs in NZ. Obviously that only happens if you apply for residency. ;):lol: Secondly, what a beautiful place Christchurch is. Having had just a quick taste of it, I'm certain we'll be back.

A big thankyou to Ashley and Helen for your excellent hospitality. We had a great day out in the Disco on Saturday and really appreciated the time you both set aside to show us around. It really amazes me the sort of community the green oval generates. It seems you can go anywhere in the world and find similarly afflicted people and strike up an immediate friendship. Maybe it's mutual sympathy?:P

Yes, I'm in love with that 50th Anniversary 90. If I stayed in that dealers yard any longer I'd probably be a single man now. :rolleyes:

Obviously we can't have everything we want, otherwise I'd have one of these too:

PA010021Small.jpg

I know I don't need one, but what's that got to do with it?;)

Mind you, there's a certain Series IIA that's got me inspired. I don't need one of those either, but if I had the time to do a restoration job and have it come out as good as Ashley's, well....

PA010019Small.jpg

That's Ashley on the right, looking justifiably proud.

And finally, thanks to Cols110 for looking after the forum in my absence, and for not transferring all the posts over to the International Forum, not that you'd do something like that, would you Colin? :lol::ph34r:

Paul

Kin `ell, that 50th is nice, never seen a white one before just the blue/green ones, not a bad price either considering. Something else for my wish list, pity there is a thing called reality.

Ashley welcome aboard mate, nice collection you`ve got there. Its also good to see we are getting a few more Kiwi`s on board, not just us Australian types.

Paul glad you managed to get about and about, not just all work no play.

It must have been a good change to log on again and see the place was still here, I`m trying to stay away from playing with new buttons. :P