Curious question - challenge type events

Mark Jenkins

I'll always trailer mine to event's. I can carry more tool's/spare's, you can get a lot in a transit, have somewhere to kip and to sit out of the rain if needed, plus at the end of the comp wet, tired and covered in mud, a quick wash and you can drive home in comfort. Next year thinking about getting a lorry!! :lol:

Hi Adrian

Just wait till you see me and glyn turn up at the next event in a COACH

ex grass trackers 54 seater converted to sleep 6 and carry 1 car in back

hot and cold water

shower

tiolet

central heating

coocker

satalite tv

class 4 MOT

normal/car road tax

£300 a year fully comp insurance and can tow 3500t

glyn looks after me :lol:

we drove to round 1,must have been the only ones though!

but as from the next event we will be towing it on an a frame(alot cheaper on fuel and if you break it you can still get it home),as i have no space for a trailer :angry:

ian

oh dear

worms,

can,

open!

Hi Adrian

Just wait till you see me and glyn turn up at the next event in a COACH

ex grass trackers 54 seater converted to sleep 6 and carry 1 car in back

hot and cold water

shower

tiolet

central heating

coocker

satalite tv

class 4 MOT

normal/car road tax

£300 a year fully comp insurance and can tow 3500t

glyn looks after me :lol:

Sleep's 6!.......''cool'' move over boy's! ;):lol:

That remind's me <_< must remember to load up the hydraulic oil, just in case ;):lol:

I used to always drive mine to the events and pride myself on the fact i always drove it home from the events

Plus there was the fact i did not have a trailer :)

Yes but I did.

Yep I can agree with that but also my thoughts were if you drove there, you had to drive home and could not push as hard or be as competetive I am not saying go out to brake it but my way of thinking is if you don't trailer your car to the event you wil be taking it easy to ensure you can get home.

I have only ever turned up to a race without a trailer and every single official commented on how brave and confident I was in the Freelander as I was planning on driving it home which I did but it was its first race and I was not going to push it.

Ali you remember my race set up there is no way I could move that lot with out the two trailer and and the big ass truck :unsure:;) .

2x car trailers

2x 25ft campers

1x 17t ERF converted hourse lorry with a onboard 14kva generator,arc welder,tig and mig and massive air tool compressor and 3x 205 lt water tanks and pressure washers...(I think its for sale now if anyone is intrasted)

NB A racers attitude is very different to a challenge competitors attitude and the tactics are very different

Wen i first started competing i always drove too and from events.However after an event at tong a couple of years ago i have always trailered.We had done a 2 day event and was on our way home down the M1(only about 40 miles awy from home)when the car we were with started to overheat so we pulled over,within 2 mins there were 2 police cars there going over our cars with a fine tooth comb.They didnt find anything wrong but i got warned for having mud on my tax disc :blink: and my mate got a b***ocking for having muddy water in his headlamp :D .Luckily the next event i did was the midsummer trophy down in kent and i trailered it,i managed to smash the rear axle bad enough that it wouldnt even tow and i had to burn the stub axle off.

The main reason though if i am being honest is having a warm cumfy car with a radio to drive home in after a weekend bouncing around in a cold drafty wet noisy old shed that smells a bit funky :rolleyes:

Paul :)