RRC with EAS

Michele

Simple question.

I've never seen one but I heard they came with external shock mounts... :unsure:

Anybody has one?

Any pic?

Would they fit a Defender?

:rolleyes:

TIA

:)

Yes, they do have external shock mounts - no idea if they'd fit a defender, although I'm sure they could be persuaded to.

There're a few photo's that show them reasonably well on my tech archive air suspension article - you can't see the top, but you can see where it is. It's a fairly straightforward tower that bolts on the side of the chassis (shares bolts with the power steering pump on the right hand side, IIRC, to give you some idea of location). Bear in mind that in these photo's the top nut has been removed from the shocks to allow the axle to droop.

If you need more photo's I can see if I can get some tomorrow.

Thanks Geoff,

I found a pic in which shows the turret

springhalfout.JPG

and I see on the RR the lower mount is welded to the axle

frontspringbot.jpg

for which I should find a bolt on solution...

(mumble mumble)

I was thinking of these turrets along with/without a 3 link package,but I'll probably end up with Disco II turrets instead... :unsure:

Thanks again.

Thanks Geoff,

I found a pic in which shows the turret

springhalfout.JPG

and I see on the RR the lower mount is welded to the axle

frontspringbot.jpg

for which I should find a bolt on solution...

(mumble mumble)

I was thinking of these turrets along with/without a 3 link package,but I'll probably end up with Disco II turrets instead... :unsure:

Thanks again.

I have twin set up on my LSE on the front using the LSE mounts and one through the spring as well if I remember I will post a pic. the LSE turret may be avalable but the axles has a extra lug on it.

The QT twin shock kit is based on the way the LSE has it fitted.

The 38A turrets above are very diffrant from the RRC LSE turrets as the shock is infront of the axle not behind the spring

I have twin set up on my LSE on the front using the LSE mounts and one through the spring as well if I remember I will post a pic. the LSE turret may be avalable but the axles has a extra lug on it.

The QT twin shock kit is based on the way the LSE has it fitted.

The 38A turrets above are very diffrant from the RRC LSE turrets as the shock is infront of the axle not behind the spring

I still can't see the turret in that photo, but the bottom isn't fundamentally very different from an EAS classic, just behind the axle not in front. Both are welded, as you've already spotted.

There are plenty of late classics getting broken now, so shouldn't think you'd have too much trouble getting hold of a pair of shock turrets - they're pretty solid and don't seem to suffer a great deal from corrosion.

Any pic would be interesting.

Just as a quick solution I ordered 2X Disco II turrets today

(can't find them 2nd hand in Italy <_< )

but external shock mounts would allow retained spring at front (mmh,3-link?)...

Some crazy ideas...

Any pic would be interesting.

Just as a quick solution I ordered 2X Disco II turrets today

(can't find them 2nd hand in Italy <_< )

but external shock mounts would allow retained spring at front (mmh,3-link?)...

Some crazy ideas...

Okay, will see if I can rustle up a photo or two tomorrow.