Lightweight info

Aubrey

Nice truck, hope mine looks as good when it is finished. Can I just raise one minor point? you have assembled the headlight rims incorrectly. The rim you have on the outside should sit underneath the headlamp. If you go to www.militaryrover.34sp.com/nwlwt0066.html you should be able to see what I am trying to explain.

Another minor point from original is that the front halfshafts you have are civvy not the proper LWT type.

But saying that i used to see LWT's running about in Plymouth & Devonport dockyard still in service with the Royal Marines that had got odd civvy pattern shafts as replacements for broken originals.

Ha ...gonna have a look at those headlights as it gave me headaches ;-)

Know the front are civilian hubs but removed the free wheel hubs and ordered correct ones from UK ...... GBP 45 enough not to also pay GBP30 for shipping. Will collect on next UK visit.

Thanbx for the info, I'll fix the last 1% as well. :rolleyes:

Another minor point from original is that the front halfshafts you have are civvy not the proper LWT type.

But saying that i used to see LWT's running about in Plymouth & Devonport dockyard still in service with the Royal Marines that had got odd civvy pattern shafts as replacements for broken originals.

From about 1980 'ish all Lightweights were fitted with civvy hubs and halfshafts as standard and then there would be the ones that had them used as replacements so all in all there is probably quite a few Lightweights that were running around using the none flat type hubs when in service.