Exhaust Gas Temperature Gauge

Considering fitting an EGT and possbly a Boost Gauge, having checked the technical archives, there is little current advice.

What options are there please, who has proven experience of particular products and can you recommend suppliers.

I have a 2.8tgv with a variable wastegate turbo fitted in a 110.

Thanks

John

Considering fitting an EGT and possbly a Boost Gauge, having checked the technical archives, there is little current advice.

What options are there please, who has proven experience of particular products and can you recommend suppliers.

I have a 2.8tgv with a variable wastegate turbo fitted in a 110.

Thanks

John

John, unlike a 300 tdi fitting is not so straight forward on a 2.8 tgv. You can either drill the manifold in situ using a greased drill bit (I did this) or remove the manifold and do it at the bench. The key if you do the job in situ is go nice and steady an keep cleaning and greasing the drill.

The probe and gauge I use came from turbo bits. Despite the name the gauge is excellant (hand made to the spec you want) and the probe give a good, fast, responce time. I went for a 52mm round gauge with green LED to blend in with the rest of the instruments which it does very well.

You can see mine installed in the centre here:

DSC01325.jpg

Here you go:

DSC01319.jpg

I tried to get it as close to the central ports as possible and had to grind away the edge of one of the webs. The kit comes with a weld on SS mount and a jubilee clip type mount (the one I've got fitted). Its a little more bodgy but it seals and when the manifold eventually comes off I'll do something a little neater.

Stephen

Thanks for the info.

I will probably follow Will's example as he has a 2.8tgv as well. I also want round gauges to fit my mudstuff facia layout.

I see you are busy on Ribnet these days and LRO editorials etc.!

John

That's a good choice, I'm going for a full '02 dash with a modified centre console to hold 'a few' gauges.

That's a good choice, I'm going for a full '02 dash with a modified centre console to hold 'a few' gauges.

Will

I have ordered direct from Dynotune in the US almost $to£ price. Shipping a bit steep ($80) but still a saving overall (c£110), have to see if it slips through the VAT screen!

I have also ordered a temperature gauge (which turbobits don't list) to keep an eye on the cooling (you can measure air or water depending on which probe you request) side of things, i went for water but was tempted to find out what temp the cool charger delivers!

So now I have 3 lovely dials to fit!

Hope they come soon.

John