Why???

Mark

Had an excellent day at shoreham playing around with Orange in his rangie, some of the horsham posse. gernally was planning a shakedown ready for doing the mike wolfe next weekend.

So on the way back to meet Rocker ready to trundle home, I said 'lets just have a go at this bit...'

unfortunatly this left me stuck, so Orange dragged me out, but in the process I managed to blow the rear diff... so to drive home I engaged diff lock and started a gentle trundle home. However, shortly before getting there, a large bang happened, which turned out to be the front diff letting go rather spectactualrly.

Again, Orange to the rescue - He towed me home via the jetwash. However, while i was jetwashing the front axle, it dislodged the lump of mud that was plugging the hole in the front diff pan that had been made by the diff when it went.

So I am now left with two broken diffs (at least - not sure about the centre diff at the moment) and a hole in the axle case, and most of all ?I am left wondering, why did I just have to push my luck.... :(

so, anyone got any good 10-spline diffs I can get hold of during the week?

hmph

Mark

Hi Mark

I have got a couple of diffs, either in complete axles or the diffs on their own. Currently on 1993 Discoverys. Only problem is that they are the wrong end of the country for you. They are currently in Warrington near liverpool.

Good luck fixing it for the Mike Wolfe.

If i didn't have these dam exams i would have brought them down and bitched for you

Jon

Had an excellent day at shoreham playing around with Orange in his rangie, some of the horsham posse. gernally was planning a shakedown ready for doing the mike wolfe next weekend.

So on the way back to meet Rocker ready to trundle home, I said 'lets just have a go at this bit...'

unfortunatly this left me stuck, so Orange dragged me out, but in the process I managed to blow the rear diff... so to drive home I engaged diff lock and started a gentle trundle home. However, shortly before getting there, a large bang happened, which turned out to be the front diff letting go rather spectactualrly.

Again, Orange to the rescue - He towed me home via the jetwash. However, while i was jetwashing the front axle, it dislodged the lump of mud that was plugging the hole in the front diff pan that had been made by the diff when it went.

So I am now left with two broken diffs (at least - not sure about the centre diff at the moment) and a hole in the axle case, and most of all ?I am left wondering, why did I just have to push my luck.... :(

so, anyone got any good 10-spline diffs I can get hold of during the week?

hmph

Mark

sorry to heart that Mark,at least the weakness will be fixed rather than messing up the MWMC for you

'Ill ask arround in the morning..........

Lawrence

I feel for you, I've suffered the same thing, to a less dramatic extent.

End of the day at Manby, 'just do this bit', same as you. no drama, went back to the entrance and cleaned the lights and number plate ready for the drive home ,at which point someone says 'what's that on your tyre', further inspection reveals that i've got a bit of re-bar right through the side of the wall. changing a muddy tyre is never fun, especially when it's not been on the truck more than six months!!