thinking of getting a double cab

pigster

Just trying to do some research on the subject now as the other half has warmed to the idea of getting one..

so I need to know prices roughly - of a second hand jobby..

I assume that all LR built ones will be TD5 or newer, however I do not know when they originally came out - any ideas anyone?

as for the price - that'll depend on the age - naturally, but what is the rough asking prices? brand new is £23,000 roughly.. but I am looking at a much smaller budget.

cheers in advance.

Does it have to be an LR?

If not then the Jap stuff gives a lot more bang to the buck. I can't fault my Navara. About 3k cheaper than same age 110 crew cabs and has a much nicer cabin.....IMHO :)

HTH

Does it have to be an LR?

If not then the Jap stuff gives a lot more bang to the buck. I can't fault my Navara. About 3k cheaper than same age 110 crew cabs and has a much nicer cabin.....IMHO :)

HTH

As always, the LR will be more expensive to buy but the Jap will cost you money at trade in time. My experience is a LR over 3 years is far cheaper to run than a bling pikey wagon (although to be fair the Navara is a little more understated and better than most).

Guest diesel_jim
I assume that all LR built ones will be TD5 or newer, however I do not know when they originally came out - any ideas anyone?

back when i was at college, someone then had a "new" one on a 'J' (1992) plate, white 200Tdi, factory build double cab.

seeing one for the first time i thought it was the wierdest thing! (still do :D )

jap stuff - - na... can not be bothered with that stuff... I have insulted it too many times to go out and buy one now. :D

I like LR and would like to stick with them.

If necessary I will get a 110 and convert over - assuming the chassis allow this to happen -- I assume the shell would be slightly different as well - - I have not seen a 110 csw for soo long now I can not remember how they bolt together