roof mounted spotlights

Peterla

I have a 200 tdi and had great spot lights on my bull bar.

Works fine in cool weather but when under load at around 36 degrees celcius I start to over heat.

I have seen some pictures of a bar that is just above the front windscreen with spot lights mounted on these.

Can anyone help me with how these are mounted and weather these brakets are made or purchased.

Thanks

Pete

here's mine:

discoonsalisburyplaintripsmall.jpg

I bought mine via a supplier on eBay - I wanted it modified to take the numberplate. There are a couple of people doing different versions of the bar though.

I looked at making one, but since the screen is curved I decided it would probably be easier to buy one.

It is mounted with 2 M6 bolts each side which you have to drill holes in the gutters for. Took about 10 minutes to fit the bar itself, and then ages to do all the wiring!

Hope that helps

Thanks for the ideas on how to mount them.

I will attempt to make one and mount it to my gutter.

Can anyone give me some dimensions on the materail they are made out of.

ie was it tube or box section and rough size.

Also are there any issues with reflection from the bonnet when thay are on.

Thanks

I will measure the tube for you tonight, but I have to be honest, mine are bloody useless for driving with. They do indeed reflect too much off the bonnet to make vision beyond the bonnet almost impossible. I fitted as worklights, so this isn't really a problem for me... I have thought about fitting some deflectors to the bottom of the lights such that they stop any light getting to the bonnet, but a better solution is to use some of simon's x-lites as they have a shade built in.

I will measure the tube for you tonight, but I have to be honest, mine are bloody useless for driving with. They do indeed reflect too much off the bonnet to make vision beyond the bonnet almost impossible. I fitted as worklights, so this isn't really a problem for me... I have thought about fitting some deflectors to the bottom of the lights such that they stop any light getting to the bonnet, but a better solution is to use some of simon's x-lites as they have a shade built in.

noticed paddocks do the bar think it was £65

cant you just turn the glass upside down on the lights to get rid off the glare on the bonnett ?

i have no connection with the company - but all4wheels in ely have a light bar including lights for the same price as a paddocks on without. I dont know the quality etc. I just thought i would let u know

i have no connection with the company - but all4wheels in ely have a light bar including lights for the same price as a paddocks on without. I dont know the quality etc. I just thought i would let u know

Also are there any issues with reflection from the bonnet when thay are on.

I found that the matt black bonnet sticker aka Camel Trophy style is the best solution for reducing the bonnet glare....it's still not great though. You have to keep it clean or the effect is lost. I spray Armourall plastic protection stuff on to it....the dirt and dust is easily removed with water.

Best method is to mount the lights as far back as possible......or try to fit some up-side down eye brows to the bottom of the lamps.

Regards.

S.