Advice on tyres please

Paul64

Hi,

Can anyone advise me on these tyres, Wildcats? Are they any good? If they are does the price sound OK. A mate of mine says that they may be too big for my 110 CSW?

He also says that Michelins are the best in the world. He could never be accused of sweeping statements! Especially when he has 4 for sale.

Cheers,

Paul

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/LAND-ROVER-90-110-DE...1QQcmdZViewItem

The size is fine but they do not look very nice, especially the ones with the white stripe - where they have been rubbed against kerbs I'll bet. Where he says that tyre black will sort them; why has he not done that to make them more sale-able? Because tyre black is clear, that is why! Looking at them I would not fit them to any car that I wanted to be reliable and not get punctures caused by potential tyre defects. You have no idea of the history of them.

My advice would be to put your hand in your pocket for the best new tyres you can afford. I personally am on my third set of BFGs.

Chris

Thanks guys,

The look of the tyres do not bother me so much but you are right about possible abuse and that possibly being the cause of the white lines.

I have heard a lot of good reports about BFG's, so may go for those.

Cheers,

Paul

I personally always buy new tyres. They are the bits that keep your vehicle on the road!

So for me I never skimp on tyres and brakes.

I have been very impressed with General Grabber ATII that I had on my RRC. (235/85x16)

I found them better than the BFG AT for my use and they were cheaper.

In fact I will be getting another set for th eP38, but I am torn between them and

Cooper ST.

I choose remoulds for the 110. Performance cars get performance tyres, but the 110 does 65/70mph on a straight flat road ....and a lot less if its neither ;) and if its off road then I'd rather cough up for a £50 remould than a £90 Micheline if I slash it with a rock. Thats just my choice though. Considering where you are in the world, I think I'd stick with a BFG as a decent remould is possibly harder to come by? I live near Durham where Colway remoulds are made, so its easy for me.

Jas