most surprising thing missed on your landys MOT

steve_a

I would have thought that a petrol leak would fail anyway - risk of fire and all that.

Weeble - a rear prop joint being worn might still be only an advisory as the handbrake would still work in spite of that. I have to say I don't know for sure though.

Les.

No, they put a temperature probe in the dipstick hole and a probe up the exhaust pipe, then rev the engine a few times. The computer calculates the amount of smoke particles (diesel), filthy environmental, growth-stunting, deadly poisons, that inferior petrol engines chuck out. And if birds sing and angels cry (diesels again), then you pass the emissions test. Same sort of thing for petrol engines, it's just that less birds choke to death as you drive past :D

Les.

You guys would love this place. The inspection consists of a govt. employee walking out to the parking lot, having you turn on the lights, directionals, step on the brake, set the handbrake, try the windshield wipers, and beep the horn. Thats the sum total of it. I am not even sure a windshield is required, but if you DO have one, you need at least one working wiper.

Last year on the Ford the hand brake wouldnt keep the truck from moving in gear. I told him I needed to tighten the cable, and he made me promise. I did promise. And it passed.

That was lucky. Lucky that the AFFF actually put it out!

:lol: A miss spent youth and playing with petrol I'm good at putting it out.

My disco passed its mot this week and I didn't have any time to prep it and there were no advisories :D