Bikini Winch Bumpers

Hi All,

This is a new forum for me, Difflock.com is my regular forum. But this forum has some great threads :D

Anyway, back to my topic; Are any of you using the Bikini Winch mounts that i have seen available? They look like a good idea, strong and worthwhile? Especially due to keeping the approach angle as standard.

Basically i am looking to run a Come-up 9000 up front on my D90 until i get a 8274, So i dont wont to buy two winch bumpers! Once i have a 8274 up front, i intend to mod the bikini mount to go at the back with the come-up?

Cheers for any response's

Hello and welcome :)

I use a Bikini with my Milemarker from Alfred Murray

I don't think it is strong enough for something with the grunt of a Milemarker so a different mounting arrangement is on the cards. Not sure about the Superwinch bikini mount

It might be OK for a temporary solution though, and they are MUCH cheaper than a proper winch bumper - mine was £99

Southdown do a demountable front or rear connect winch system - worth dropping him a line - mention my name for the link as i dont think he does them as std.

Frogs island do a demountable system based on cl2 reciever system front or rear.

in fact.... i have one of theirs for sale currently with chassis mount for front. i ran an xd9000i (Warn) in it front and rear and no probs even challenge comps. just need to be weary of acute pulls. see classified for mine for sale , at the minimum theres pics there to give some idea of it.

if i knew dave (southdown) did them before i got mine i woul dhave gone through him, IMHO a stronger setup.

Have a look on my web site WWW.LMBRACING.BE and look at the contacts page then my comments and Julians other interest at the top of the page, you will see pics and info no my winch bumper, that started life as a Bikini bumper and morfed :rolleyes:

Lara.