Ignition switch barrel

dixe

Thanks I have bought the ingnition and the barrels for the front doors, but I have a problem with the Barrels because they are around an inch and half shorter than mine. is there a spacer which goes to hooks which lock the doors or are the new locks incorrect.

The new locks appear to be much stronger than the originals because they took about 20 secs to drill out being made from alunium instead of steel like the new ones.

A bit advice would be gratefully recieved abou this mater.

One should never leave the keys on the bonnet when you are working under the car because somebody tried to steal my car the other night. They flattenned the battery trying to start her a 2 oclock in the morning because I had cut through the fuel line going up to the fuel pump just in case.

Dixe

They flattenned the battery trying to start her a 2 oclock in the morning because I had cut through the fuel line going up to the fuel pump just in case.

Good move. Pity you didn't get out to them with a baseball bat :angry:

Are you sure the new lock barrels are Series parts maybe you'.ve been supplied with 90/110 lock barrels.

I ordered barrels for a series 3. The part number that I recieved is 395142. The locking part of the barrel is the same length as mine and it has a key with a spring loaded pin to lock it into something. I thought that this might be for an extension bar to go to the hooks to lock in the door but it is not shown in my parts manual. Maybe the parts have been changed by ford. I am just not keen in making my landrover look like Mister Beans mini with a padlock to lock the doors.

thats a old LRpart number, found it on Craddocks Series 3 parts list here for anti burst door locks, could be yours are the earlier version.

On paddocks the same type of barrels is listed as 320609 which I have fitted. I just find it strange that there are two differnet types of barrels. for the same door handles. If I can find out if there are extensions for the new locks they would be lot better as they are made from steel and not aluminum like the longer ones. They only take ten seconds to drill out because they are so soft.