Surrey Byway abuse

Bomag

I have asked for help on this before and some have shot me down for it, but I'll ask again in the vague hope that most owners have scruples.

A number of byways are being heavily abused in this area, both on byway and by leaving the byway.

Banking is being trashed, posts pulled out to gain illegal access to more "challenging" areas, bridleways turned into mud baths, the list goes on and on :angry:

This is happening off the Drove Road, Wolverns Lane, the Landslip at Coldharbour, Sheepwalk Lane, Beggars Lane and London Lane.

This needs to stop, video evidence has been passed to Surrey Police of abuse on these byways and one vehicle has been impounded, but it still carries on.

Its time the legitimate users stood up and were counted, if you see others abusing the byways or driving illegally then take a photo and pass it onto me.

Of course you could just ignore it, but if you do this I hope you enjoy your trip along these byways as it could be your last, they will be getting closed if this abuse continues and that will be the fault not only of the abusers but those that stood idly by.

Good man Bomag. Would you copy this to the Getting out there forum too please?

I know the lanes you mean and I know the abuse that they get. I would suggest that a Friday/Saturday evening might be well spent in the woods with a camera...

Chris

I would suggest that a Friday/Saturday evening might be well spent in the woods with a camera...

Chris

And a print out of this thread to show anyone that asks you why you are in the woods in Surrey on a Friday/Saturday evening with a camera......

I saw lots of evidence of this, this week whilst laning in Surrey and Hants. It's large scale and heavy damage. Effin' diabolical :(

Had I seen anyone playing I would have been more than happy to have filmed and reported them.

Mo