AUTOLOGIC OR FAULTMATE MV

gerumo

PLEASE SOMEONE SHOULD HELP ME WITH THIS. wHICH IS BETTER BETWEEN THESE TWO EQUIPMENTS.

AUTOLOGIC OR THE NEW FAULTMATE MV FROM BLACKBOX SOLUTIONS WHICH REPLACES ROVERCOM PRO?/? i NEED TO BUY ONE ASAP. i am a landrover technician and need to tackle some range rover sport issues here in my country. I cant afford the T4 .!!!

T4 is now replaced by IDS but that is still mega money. I don't have any experience of either of the systems but from what I have read the Autologic and Rovacom were both fairly well thought of so it probably depends on how much each one costs and whether you can get the modules you want for it - the aftermarket systems usually lag behind Land Rover in supporting new models so you may find that RRS is not supported.

I thought about buying a Rovacom to be independent but for as long as I have a free T4 to use it seems a bit silly :)

Might as well read the article by John Robison: Choosing a Land Rover Test System: T4 vs. Autologic

http://www.robisonservice.com/articles/RonR_articles.asp

This predates the Blackbox solutions MV solution, but as a commercial workshop, where system downtime or difficulty puts the workshop in a bad light with the car owning customer, he sets great store by immediate and friendly support. He finds it's worthwhile to pay extra to have that personal contact.

Blackbox are never going to look good in that environment.

Wherever you are in the world, you will know your own customers best, and perhaps they are more tolerant than those in North America, and perhaps they are less affluent, so you can't charge them the prices to cover the costs of really top level support.

The Blackbox software does now cover the RR Sport.

HTH