what speedo cable do I have/need?

02GF74

I want to fit RR speedo to take into account RR diffs.

currently I have what a bleieve to be LWB speedo with longer cable (LWT had speedo in centre but I moved speedo behind steering wheel). This cable/speedo is a clip on.

My oringal cable, shorter, had a screw on end and I need a longer version of this for the RR speedo.

So what cable do I need? - will S3 will be long enough with the right ending?

The guts of a 2 door RR speedo head can be fitted into the Series housing. Assuming you have a Series gearbox, use a RR (or SII/SIIA) speedo cable (screw fitting) and it all reads right for 205 tyres. Unfortunately, it will under read by ~10% if you are on 7.50's.

I want to fit RR speedo to take into account RR diffs.

currently I have what a bleieve to be LWB speedo with longer cable (LWT had speedo in centre but I moved speedo behind steering wheel). This cable/speedo is a clip on.

My oringal cable, shorter, had a screw on end and I need a longer version of this for the RR speedo.

So what cable do I need? - will S3 will be long enough with the right ending?

Why did you go for RR diffs?

What if I'm on 37's with 7.29:1 portal axles? ;)

Then it will read zero very soon as both diffs will shatter and you will be able to remove the spares through the diff drain plug.

Work it out using maffs (mathematics) (diameter of Your wheel / diameter of the 205's)X 7,29/477 where 4,77 is the std diff ratio

It'll be right at 0mph :D

Alternatively, over read by ~15% (c.f. 205's) or ~23% (c.f. 7.50's). However, there are a range of speedo drive gears available for the LT230. One of them may reduce the error. IIRC, the Series speedo drive has a ratio of 2.2:1 at the gearbox end. It must be possible to work out the ratios for the various LT230 drive gears. Time for a bit of head scratching!

BTW - I think the Series/RR speedo cable can be used with the LT230. Just discard the washer that fastens to the Series transfer case and clamp the end of the cable.

Why did you go for RR diffs?

I';m just a whacky guy I guess. :o Maybe having a v8 has something to do with it......

The guts of a 2 door RR speedo head can be fitted into the Series housing. Assuming you have a Series gearbox, use a RR (or SII/SIIA) speedo cable (screw fitting) and it all reads right for 205 tyres. Unfortunately, it will under read by ~10% if you are on 7.50's.

so the speedo driven end on early RR geaarbox is same as series? If so, the RR speedo cable should do it. I'm on 235/85s so it may be still wrong but close to what it is now.