How long does a TD5 Last?

Chriso

Dear Members,

I power washed my 300TDi disco yesterday in anticipation of waxoling it, and was horrified at the amount of pin holes and rust flakes that I removed. I will glue it all back together with waxoyl and use it for another 12 months or so.

If I replace my Disco one with a Disco two, I guess that I will be looking at a TD5 model with about 100k miles on the clock. So how long do these engines last?

Thanks

Chris.

Now on 94k bought it with 50k and its had a head gasket and a radiator plus other minor carp some sensors etc exhaust gasket but nothing big or expensive.

All the time i have had it it has been tuned in one form or another, now with td5alive tune, k+n, boost controller, egt gauge, boost gauge.

Oil every 5k all filters every 10k oil cheap engines bloody dear.

Lynall

Mine has done 150k and I have no intention of changing for another year or two.

I have noticed a little rust of the chassis but otherwise I am still very happy with my truck which I bought three years ago and I have done 100k of its 150k

I service three D2 TD5s at work, all over 100k miles. None use oil or have any 'strange' engine noises. All have some rust showing on the chassis but only surface, no bodywork/floor rust as yet.

HTH

Dear Members,

I power washed my 300TDi disco yesterday in anticipation of waxoling it, and was horrified at the amount of pin holes and rust flakes that I removed. I will glue it all back together with waxoyl and use it for another 12 months or so.

If I replace my Disco one with a Disco two, I guess that I will be looking at a TD5 model with about 100k miles on the clock. So how long do these engines last?

Thanks

Chris.

Well that depends whether the bolt on your oil pump sprocket has had loctite put on it or not :rolleyes:

If not probably between 50 & 100k then it drops off and wrecks your engine :o