Comp Vehicles & Bodywork

Just as a follow on from where i asked about lightweight trucks, and the inferrence that too loose mass, the conventional bodyshells would be surplus, i am going to ask whether there are limits on what bodywork you require?

I accept that ALRC stuff is strict, but thats NOT what i am thinking about.

I understand that you require bulkheads and floor pans etc to keep occupants seperated from moving and combustable mechanical components, and mudguards etc for safety.

But what else must you have, and does it have to resemble a Landy or whatever, or even be fully enclosed?

So as long as it complies with the safety related requirements, as i suggested in my initial post, such as covered engine, etc, then it does not need to look like any recognisable manufacturers products?

Certainly not for the AWDC, that's why we are here - anything goes

post-69-1186148048_thumb.jpg

That is Rock Rod, which is the one you made?

Very cool!

I geuss the limitations to this are ones imagination and budget?

Are all the AWDC regs developed to promote safety, encourage/limit innovation, or categorise vehicles?

What would happen if someone came up with something alternative to the norm?

Are all the AWDC regs developed to promote safety, encourage/limit innovation, or categorise vehicles?

The regs are almost all based primarily on safety, each discipline then has its supplementary regulation which dictate class structures.

In Challenge class is based on traction aids/winches, in Trials on Wheelbase and in Safari by Suspension setup or Engine size.

We endeavour to encourage innovation as long as it falls within the safety criteria, hence things like 4 wheel steer are catered for (in non-speed events)

You can find all the details in the Documentation section of the clubs website HERE