REMOTE/DIVORCED LT230

66gaza

Has anyone done a remote mount LT230 or know how to do one? I assume a ZF coupler shaft would be used but would it need additional bearing support? possibly a blind bearing where the existing oil seal is? thoughts, tips ideas? I have found a pic of one on the net but no info with it. I can't upload a pic, is this because I am new? do I need to have a certain amount of posts? Thanks

Gaza

Welcome Gaza.

Nice Q but others will have to answer, Re the pic you should be able to use the gallery (create your own album and upload) and then link to the uploaded pic. Probably simpler is to use the attachment feature to attach your pic to the post.

Still unable to post pics, I click on browse & pick my attachment then UPLOAD and I just get a windmill thing spinning, do I need 10 post to upload pics?

In the meantime here is a link to a thread where I have posted a pic before. http://www.4btswaps.com/forum/showthread.php?t=784

Gaza

Looks like the upload prob was my browser as I normally use Mozilla. Thanks Trev.

gaza, can you explain how you built the remote box please?

Gav the remote box isn't mine its from the same vehicle the pic of the rear sal disc conversion in the US. He hangs out on pirate. I asked about it but he had the work done & didn't know much about it. I assume he used a ZF input shaft & grafted a prop flange to it. My Q to him was did he have to use a bearing to support it, he didn't know. Bill seems to think it doesn't which would be good.

Si, still gathering info at the moment but looking at putting a non rover diesel & stout g/box in a 110 and it would be alot easier with a remote LT230 so at the moment just seeing whats possible.

Gaza