South Wales green laning tomorrow (23rd sept)

Troddenmasses

John (Turbocharger) and I were thinking of going green laning tomorrow (23rd September 2007) in the South Wales area. We both live near to Bristol, so were thinking of somewhere north and east of Cardiff to cut down on diesel costs. Firsly, does anybody have any suggestions of where is a nice drive? If not, we'll just look at an up to date map, and trundle off.

Secondly, would anybody like to come along? We are up for having some fun, but won't be doing anything too serious. Me because my wife's car dies a couple of weeks ago, so she is using the 90 as a daily driver, and John because he has a large hole in the bottom of his bell housing.

TM.

Well, we looked at the post-NERC lanes in S Wales and they were too far for a day out so we took a gentle bimble around the south side of Bath for some gentle lanes and wildlife. I was a little confused after some friendly banter with passing horseriders while we enjoyed a brew (shouldn’t they abuse us as normal?) and saw pheasant, partridge, hare, fox too.

Other than some bikes, didn’t see any other vehicles really and had a quiet few hours enjoying the countryside. Next time I’ll take the roofrack off before I leave home!

• 5 months later...

Sorry, to dig up an old thread, but where are the greenlanes you mention in Bath?

So far I've only found one down the side of the RSPCA on the University Campus, when heading towards Coombe Down (although admittedly I haven't been looking very hard!)

Cheers

Sorry, just caught up with this thread. There is only the one lane in Bath itself which you've found (and which I've driven in the MGF...) but there's plenty of responsible fun to be had south of Bath, without going further than MSN / Radstock. Give me a PM if you want some more specific details.