bottom door seals on lightweight?

02GF74

pretty sure can guess the answer to this but are the door seals for the door bottom (the horizontal bit by your feet) attached to the door itself (most likley) or to the footwell (not since you'd be trippinig over them!)?

The door top that is part of windscreen has holes for rivets to hold the seals in place and I would have expected the door bottom to have these too, especially since the door sides have seals fitted. Most likely reason being seals were never fitted to the door bottoms on my lwt.

pretty sure can guess the answer to this but are the door seals for the door bottom (the horizontal bit by your feet) attached to the door itself (most likley) or to the footwell (not since you'd be trippinig over them!)?

The door top that is part of windscreen has holes for rivets to hold the seals in place and I would have expected the door bottom to have these too, especially since the door sides have seals fitted. Most likely reason being seals were never fitted to the door bottoms on my lwt.

Hi O2,

O2 on mine all the door bottom seals are attached to the door whilst the door top seals are a mixture of door and bodywork mounted

Hi O2,

O2 on mine all the door bottom seals are attached to the door whilst the door top seals are a mixture of door and bodywork mounted

cheers - just as I thought!

Do you find the seal on the windscreen side tends to push out the ultra precision fitting door tops at the front out a bit? (I've got some seal in there with a piece of wood between the door top and wall to compress them to see how much they push the top out before I rivet them in)

Yup - Bottom door seal definatley attached to the door, with regard to them pushing the doors out - I don't think body alignment was of great concern when they used some donor bits from other Landys to fit the Lightweight! :P

I think its good that you can get the seal to touch the door and the frame! Well done! :D

cheers - just as I thought!

Do you find the seal on the windscreen side tends to push out the ultra precision fitting door tops at the front out a bit? (I've got some seal in there with a piece of wood between the door top and wall to compress them to see how much they push the top out before I rivet them in)

nah, the bodywork on mine was such a sloppy fit the seals barely touch the dooors!