Source of leak into 2-door RR footwell?

101nut

Exactly at the title ... my Range Rover gets water into the driver's footwell when it rains - not driven so not road splash - and I can't find the point of entry.

I thought it was the windscreen seal where the gutter helpfully empties onto it but liberal quantities of silicon have not cured it.

I've tried a 'creeping crack cure' around most of the windscreen rubber to glass join but it seems fairly solid with no obvious leak points drawing the fluid in.

Without taking the scuttle pannel off, is there a joint under it to the bulkheak that could leak or is the bulkhead a panel with the 'windscreen wiper housing' section applied to it so should be watertight?

It is only a dribble running down the corner of the footwell but I know it's going to rust either where it's getting in or at the base of the A pillar in the footwell (again) and having just replaced the floor I don't want that job again for another 30 years!

Any ideas?

AndyG

I've just had to sort this on my 1995 softdash rangie!

If you look at the inner wing there is a box section that runs along it at the top. Mine had corroded through on the inside of this box section through into the footwell. Yet with the outer wing removed it still looked comletely sound! I ended up cutting a section of the box section out, welding up the hole behind, and then reconstructing the box section again.

I decided this route was less work than taking the dash out!

Jon

I've just had to sort this on my 1995 softdash rangie!

If you look at the inner wing there is a box section that runs along it at the top. Mine had corroded through on the inside of this box section through into the footwell.

Shouldn't be rot as the inners were replaced not-so-long ago ... but there is the bolt fixing at the rear of the box-section IIRC which could be leaking through by capilliary action ... looks like wing off this weekend!

AndyG