OT: minibus P A system

BogMonster

Completely non LR related....

The company I work for has just bought some new Transit minibuses to do guided tourist excursions in ... but there is no way for the driver to talk to the passengers (except turning up his voicebox to volume 11!)

What we are after is an in-car (or in-bus) PA system with a hand mic and a headset mic, that will allow the driver or guide to give a running commentary to the passengers without having to yell. However I haven't a frggn clue who makes this sort of stuff?

The obvious solution would be a plug in head unit to replace the std radiocassette with one that has a microphone facility, and broadcast the free flowing bullsh*t commentary through the standard fit radio speakers, does anybody know of such things existing/who makes them/contact details etc? Preferably a supplier located in the UK.

Any info would be appreciated as I guess I will end up having to find something and a Google search just turned up lots of people wanting to rent a bus with a PA system fitted :blink:

Thanks

Completely non LR related....

The company I work for has just bought some new Transit minibuses to do guided tourist excursions in ... but there is no way for the driver to talk to the passengers (except turning up his voicebox to volume 11!)

What we are after is an in-car (or in-bus) PA system with a hand mic and a headset mic, that will allow the driver or guide to give a running commentary to the passengers without having to yell. However I haven't a frggn clue who makes this sort of stuff?

The obvious solution would be a plug in head unit to replace the std radiocassette with one that has a microphone facility, and broadcast the free flowing bullsh*t commentary through the standard fit radio speakers, does anybody know of such things existing/who makes them/contact details etc? Preferably a supplier located in the UK.

Any info would be appreciated as I guess I will end up having to find something and a Google search just turned up lots of people wanting to rent a bus with a PA system fitted :blink:

Thanks

If you fancy a CB in there as well i used to have one that had a PA output, just wire up to speakers, but i don't know if they are still made with this feature. have a look at Maplins.