Dashboard lights

Dunc

Hi everyone,

'93, K reg 200 Tdi 90, dash board lights (guages) aren't working.

Can't find anything loose.

Suggestions / ideas / most common problems please.

Now the nights are drawing in and all these darn new speed limits around us we need the dash lights!

Cheers

Guest diesel_jim

Check the fuses for the side lights. can't remember which side, but the panel lights are fed from one of these.

edit: just checked RAVE, and the 300Tdi panel lights run from the RH sidelight fuse (# 16), so see if your front and tail light have stopped working.

failing that, ther emust be a break between the fuse panel and the dash, as it's connected straight togther.

Check the fuses for the side lights. can't remember which side, but the panel lights are fed from one of these.

edit: just checked RAVE, and the 300Tdi panel lights run from the RH sidelight fuse (# 16), so see if your front and tail light have stopped working.

failing that, ther emust be a break between the fuse panel and the dash, as it's connected straight togther.

Cool, thanks Jim, i'll try and find the break.

All my fuses are fine, all my exterior lights work etc etc.

I found a fellow on ebay who sells LED's to replace the bulbs in Land Rover dashes, might get those whilst i'm at it too.

Daft question but have you checked the interior light switch in middle position?

Thought i'd check just incase, feel free to shoot me down :lol:

LOL, deffo not going to shoot you down Tom.

Yes, it is in the middle position, in fact my switch doesn't seem to do anything at all, so that may point to what my fault might be, if the switch interrupts the power supply it might be the problem.

If i get home tonight before dark i'll have a fiddle with it.

Right, no loose connections so i'm guessing it must be the bulbs. as i can't get them to light even with a direct power source.

I've PM'd Simon to get some of his LED upgrades you recommended. He's putting them in the post tomorrow.

Fingers crossed.

:i-m_so_happy: result :D

I'll be at Sodbury this wknd (mostly browsing... :rolleyes: ) can bring them and my other electronic add ons for 90/110/Defenders, blue leds for Disco 200/300 -PM me for my mobile #, forum discount compared to my ebay prices.