CHALLENGE SOUTH WEST

Rick Tarr

Hello everybody

Just to let you know that the entry form for the next event is up on the website ready to be downloaded. Please go to www.challengesouthwest.co.uk and click on the 'events' button.

See Jase - remembered to put the website address in this time...can't afford too many pints :lol:

We hope to put on an event which will be 'different' - those who went to Week Farm will know what I mean...

Best regards

Rick :D

rick - true i woudl like to have been at weeks farm but was working. currently trying to find a codriver, regulars are either doing the OOM, partners having kids, working or in Ireland - typical. anyway i am now skeptical about the SS only just fixed the truck since the last outing and that was the 2 day event!!!!

Sorry forgot to add

Jase Weeks farm is up near Ilfracombe IIRC, near the sewage works/farm! its an OK site nothing too special.

the Newton St Cycers St i tried to make inroads with in Feb this year and they werent too keen to have people in there again, which sounds a shame, Russ said it was a cracking site.

Jase Weeks farm is up near Ilfracombe IIRC, near the sewage works/farm! its an OK site nothing too special.

Isnt the Ruggaton site near Ilfracoombe ?? I remember that one , took ages to get there and we tried driving down some very ,very tight lanes in an 18 ton 40` lorry ! :rolleyes::rolleyes: But fair play to Lardy he managed to turn it around in someones front garden. :(

Week Farm is near Torrington, and was the attempt to put together a different type of challenge combining various elements of navigation, challenge and safari. Unfortunately it wasn't well attended but the response was positive enough to make us try again.

Ruggerton is near Combe Martin, which is in turn near Ilfracombe.

Hope that's all sorted now...

Hello everybody

I know you are all wondering how on earth this Sunday's event is likely to be different from the usual round of chasing punches hidden in the undergrowth.

This is the final event on our present calendar, and we've been trying to work out ways of re-energising the excitement of a new off-road challenge. We have spent some time setting up this event to be 'different' to the usual run of the mill event. It's difficult to put a name to the new event layout - the closest we can come is a navigational safari. (Don't worry this doesn't mean a comp safari with people flying around at 100mph+ looking for punches.)

Basically, you will be following a route using tulip diagrams and going to certain destinations which may have winch sections, ditches etc, all with varying degrees of punches (these are to prove you've been there). There will be high scoring punches for modified vehicles, but remembering that the entire event is a limited duration one, these punches may or may not be worth wasting time on.

All in all, it looks to be a good and different event with the opportunity to drive a lot, both fast and slow, and prove your own versatility!!

If You have not entered then ring Nigel now on 07971 480752 to let him know you are coming as the paperwork for the event needs to be sorted.

Places will be limited so call now!

Best regards

Rick