jacks

davie

When I bought my Defender the standard LR jack was missing, but the bottle jack from my scrapped Bedford Midi works in most situations with a block of solid wood for it to stand on.

The only thing the bottle jack is not good at is lifting the vehicle when you have a flat tyre. Hi Lifts are good in this situation and are also good as a substitute for a winch if you get stuck.

Steve

This is where the standard LR bottle jack (as supplied with RRC and Disco's) earns its money: it has a double extending ram which I found is sufficient to change even a flat 37". ;)

I got my hi lift around 6months ago and as far as i can tell two things are important.

1 - make sure the jack is as vertical as possible on flat ground else the vehicle will fall off the jack.

2-don't wrap hands around the black drilled boom.

forgive me if i've missed something obvious but it is quite a safe item IMO. I've used it to jack up porta-cabins :D