HD mats and Sound proofing

SteveG

Anyone got any experience of these replacement mats that you see on exmoor trim, gon2far's sites. I think theyare all made by wrightoffroad

R3807.JPG

they appear to be a good solution to heavy duty floor covering that's easy to wash out and can reduce the noise a bit.

Also- has anyone ever used the sound proofing paints from Lizard Skin and Dinitrol etc?? And do they work? Are they worth it? ;);)

Thanks in advance

Steve

Yep i have a set of the mats bloody expensive but well worth the money for the noise reduction. cheapest way is to phone the guy direct rather than through exmoor trim etc.

best way to describe them high density closed cell foam. similar to the stuff used in JCB/tractors etc. mine has been used for the last 2 yrs in a challenge vehicle and is so far so good, (does melt easily though - my mistake that! - blowlamps for bonfires etc)

anyway easy to clean, wash out, doesnt rot. does trap moisture under the floor pans though so needs airing time to time and is a bugger to fit around the seat boxes.