Rollcage design

oddballrovers

Hi Folks.

I am now in the proces off designing my cage for the LWT for next years Competition's.

I have read the RAC rulebook and the MSA and the danish eq, but have only found something regarding it in the RAC book.

And it says that the distance has to be at least 50mm wich I personally think is not very much bumping around in a LR at 50MPH across the mother earth, evne though one is straped in by the 4 point belt.

50MPH might be a bit on the high side since we do Challenge events, but that is timed stages off various length, we have a lot off jumping in and out both the driver and co pilot.

So what is the experience among you ??

What will you consider as being "safe".

Cheers

Ole.

http://forums.lr4x4.com/index.php?showtopic=14161

Read here for roll cage stuff I posted, bare in mind these relate to comp safaris and are minimum @ 5CM

I'd say 4 - 6 inches if your not fully harnessed in tight, also have the main hoop behind you so not too much of an issue, side bars are more likley to find the boney bits to bang on :lol:

HTH

Nige

http://forums.lr4x4.com/index.php?showtopic=14161

Read here for roll cage stuff I posted, bare in mind these relate to comp safaris and are minimum @ 5CM

I'd say 4 - 6 inches if your not fully harnessed in tight, also have the main hoop behind you so not too much of an issue, side bars are more likley to find the boney bits to bang on :lol:

HTH

Nige

Hi Nige.

Thats is the exactly what I have read, and tha tis where the 50mm come from, but 4-6 inches sound more like it even when strap in, and one knows that in a challeng jumpingin and out it will never be as tight as in comp....

The side bar issue is not that big as we have some good bucket seats, so unless we do drop out off them it should not be a prob..

cheers

Ole