Help Hazards dont work-MOT tommorrow

just been doing final checks for MOT and seems fine apart from hazard lights do not work.the indicators work fine apart from when i turn the hazards switch on and then nothing which is presumably the hazards taking over from the indicators apart from in my case they dont flash.

Any ideas where problem could lie?

just been doing final checks for MOT and seems fine apart from hazard lights do not work.the indicators work fine apart from when i turn the hazards switch on and then nothing which is presumably the hazards taking over from the indicators apart from in my case they dont flash.

Any ideas where problem could lie?

I agree with the other guys in that it is possibly the hazard switch. This switch when disabled connects the lh indicator feed (from indicator switch) to the lh lights and rh indicator feed to the rh lights. They are both isolated ccts. When the hazard switch is selected/pushed it connects both sides together and uses a different feed. (Sometimes this can be in the same flasher unit. On mine there are two seperate units). If it is 6 pin unit i would have thought it would be built in.

Sometimes lack of use causes this problem. Lots of WD40???

Dont be surprised to find that this simple switch costs a pretty penny! LR genuine price is insane. I think that a pattern part is 1/3 of price.

Hope this helps.

Dont be surprised to find that this simple switch costs a pretty penny! LR genuine price is insane. I think that a pattern part is 1/3 of price.

It's quite easy to strip and clean up. IIRC, there are just 2 tabs at the back to be bent out. Remove the switch gubbins and clean up with emery paper or a file.

Coincidentally, all my orange lights died last night, the flasher relay that I fettled 3 years ago finally gave up. If you are replacing the relay, don't rely on Halford's references, as they are all completely wrong. Course you all knew that already. :D