defender heater

Hi All,

Wondering if there are any easy ways to improve the heater in a 2003 td5 90? Its reasonably cosy now but weather is getting colder and i am getting softer i reckon so time to see if i can make it even warmer inside. Its a county model.

All ideas welcome

Davie

Happy me though i got heated front screen working today yay yay yay

Sorry to go slightly OT, but where'd you get the screen from and how much? (or was it fitted but not working?)

Gotta replace the seal on my screen, figured I might as well fit a heated one whilst it's out ...

with the dash lever set to windscreen & cold or floor & hot ,have a look where the arms of the flaps at the heater sits, they may need adjusting up or down the cable to ensure the flap is in the right place. once reset go for a drive to get up to working temp & try the heater.

Sorry to go slightly OT, but where'd you get the screen from and how much? (or was it fitted but not working?)

Gotta replace the seal on my screen, figured I might as well fit a heated one whilst it's out ...

I bought the screen through a local company to me (banchory - aberdeenshire) called Scot Glass, but i am sure most glass companies will supply/fit one. I paid £285 in total for a supply/fit deal and they came out to me which made life easier.

I had to get the 2 relays and switch from landrover (part numbers been discussed on this topic already, am sure somebody can remember them) and got the local auto electrics company to do the wiring cause i suck at electrics!!! The relays and switch cost about £90 in total.

Just got it finished today so yet to try it out,,,feels cold tonight so am sure will be able to comment after tomoz morning

Davie

Hi All,

Wondering if there are any easy ways to improve the heater in a 2003 td5 90?

Yep, easy way is to PX it for a 07

Well, someone would have said it, so i thought it best to get in first :o

Sorry Davie ,, not a lot of help, i know :rolleyes: I did have one of the vent scoops on a previous TD5, may have helped a tad :unsure:

On screens, not such a easy job, if replacing with a new seal as well, two man job, rather than a one man & 5 minutes with the org seal !! and use a genuine rubber, !!