Lock barrels??

• 2 weeks later...
Anyone got any ideas? The lock on my back door can currently be opened with a screwdriver...

You should be able to, however a set of 3 barrels & keys is only around £10, so might as well replace the lot with new ones.

Like this : On FleaBay

On mine the back door opened regardless of whether it was locked or not, so had to replace the whole handle mech + got a new barrel as the old one already had it's own key and it was only £3 for a new one!

Incidently, does everyone have a different key for the ignition and doors or is it just that mine have been replaced at some point?

John

Out of interest I bought a complete set of locks/keys (minus fuel cap) from a main dealers for only about £12 earlier in the year. At least if there is a problem you can take them back easier than ebay. :)

John, All my 90s had the same key for doors and ignition. (all '93 and later)

Richard

I replaced all three lock barrels on my 90 for the princely sum of £10.70 delivered from Tamar Country Cars Ltd via Eblag- arrived next day and all work with no problems.

On both my 1986 90 and 1992 90 the keys for ignition and doors are completely different- doors are small and ignition much bigger.

Shrek

phoned parts dept at local dealer and yes you can order new barrels from the key disc no.

Just need no., of course ;) , and V5, and proof of ID to take into dealer to order.

This way I still keep one key for all locks and ignition, hence Q

Thanks

Steve