Anti roll bars

Hi folks hope you can help. Mates just bought an 04 90 from an independant lr garage. It was rebuilt on a Q plate in 05, Its supposed to be chipped but compared to my brothers 00 its gutless!! Its been back this evening and drives better but still sceptical.

However it has no anti roll bars fitted, when this was pointed out to the garage the responce was there was never any fitted to it!! the brackets are on both the axle and chassy front and back! Were anti roll bars an option in 04 or is the dealer tryin to get out of fitting them?

Cheers

Vinny

I have an 05 90, Truck Cab and a 05 110 XS station wagon and neither have anti roll bars. BUT it seems to vary year by year and model so who knows.

Focus on engine prob and forget arb's. btw if you ever want better on-road handling I feel it's better to focus on springs and shocks first.

Cheers

Steve

Hi folks hope you can help. Mates just bought an 04 90 from an independant lr garage. It was rebuilt on a Q plate in 05, Its supposed to be chipped but compared to my brothers 00 its gutless!! Its been back this evening and drives better but still sceptical.

However it has no anti roll bars fitted, when this was pointed out to the garage the responce was there was never any fitted to it!! the brackets are on both the axle and chassy front and back! Were anti roll bars an option in 04 or is the dealer tryin to get out of fitting them?

Cheers

Vinny

Hi ya Vinny,

Is this another 90 round town? Hurray! Isn't your brothers truck a bit of a rocket to be comparing it to? He should come round and try my wheezy 200tdi ;)

What chip is in it? branded replacement or one of the additional ones wired in.

I'd be checking the basics like fuel and air filters, lift pumps etc.

I would have thought that LR would have fitted the brackets to every truck and then fitted the bars as needed. I believe that all CSWs have anti-roll bars but commercial 110s don't. That said I don't have any brackets on the front of mine. Not much help really.

The Defender is factory fitted with anti-roll bars front & rear IF IT IS FACTORY SUPPLIED WITH THE BOOST ALLOY WHEELS. If it is supplied from the factory with the steel wheels the anti roll bars are not fitted. It's a bit better off road without them so I assume it is being supplied in the best specification for the intended purpose.

The bars can be easily retro-fitted and the vehicle will roll less on corners, as you say all the brackets are there.

Cheers for the help lads.

The 90s preformed just ok since returned to the mechanic. Interesting about the roll bars tho!!!

The brothers 90 has a tunit kit (additional type) Makes a big difference to the turbo lag :rolleyes:

The mates 90 was supposed to be remapped, preformance exhaust & full width allisport intercooler. It should be a lot faster than it was and even still, im unsure!!!!

Yea Gromit its a bright red HT with D2 wheels it very very nice.... even still he cant bring himself to sell his 1983 110