Towing / weight limits / regulations

Raw

How do you know how heavy a trailer is before you go out? Is the 750kg the total weight you can tow?

I passed my test in 99 so would have to take my trailer to test to tow anything too big, but I have two trailers one old rectangle which is about 6 foot by 4 foot inside, and a dual motorbike trailer.

Should I be OK towing either of them. I've no idea how much either weighs

I use the disco mostly to tow which I have no idea of the weight, or the series sometimes which is 1400kg. From someones earlier post can I actually tow more than 750kg with the series?

seeing this topics been dug up!

Just passed my B+E a few hours ago with just two minors :) so i'm off to celebrate.

Just some advice, no one ever fails on the manouvres, as you're allowed to move the car forward twice if needs be. But the examiners are very very strict on driving, and you are literally assesed at bus / LGV level, as that is what the examiners are assesing most of the time.

Best of luck for anyone who goes of to do their trailer test, but get some lessons!

I passed my test in 1985 and have been towing trailers ever since.

I also did my C+E in 1995 driving an 18 ton rigid and drawbar. It taught me how to parallel park a trailer and how to load it correctly to keep the balence right.

I didn't get my C+E licence though. I pulled the examiner up for asking me to do an illegal move, we argued and returned to the test centre. The DVLA backed me and the examiner was suspended and all the drivers he had failed got their money back as did I.

I never got round to retaking it due to a house move and now if I want to do it I will need to get the C licence first and then go for the C+E. I went for my bike licence instead and did a direct access course getting the full licence in one go, another benefit of being older. I got myself a new Harley Davidson Night Train, hence the name, and played with that for a while, it was carp, Harley Davidson are carp and their customer service is non existent. They sold me a broken bike with bits missing, only told me what was wrong after the warrenty expired despite two services and then refused to fix it making me pay for the repairs to make it right.

Rant over.

I sold the Night Train to fund my furniture workshop.

Anyway, back to trailers. I now tow one regularly for my work.

How do you know how heavy a trailer is before you go out? Is the 750kg the total weight you can tow?

I passed my test in 99 so would have to take my trailer to test to tow anything too big, but I have two trailers one old rectangle which is about 6 foot by 4 foot inside, and a dual motorbike trailer.

Should I be OK towing either of them. I've no idea how much either weighs

I use the disco mostly to tow which I have no idea of the weight, or the series sometimes which is 1400kg. From someones earlier post can I actually tow more than 750kg with the series?

your 6"x4"trailer if it is single axle unbraked it's max gross would be 500kg ish twin axle 750kg

the motorbike trailer be about the same

the series can tow both your trailers no problem, dont know off hand what the towing limit is for a series,

Tim