Challenger 4x4 competition dates for 2008!!

Soliholic

not long. but the trucks not gonna be ready anyway!

question is, whats gonna break first, winch motors (now at 24v) or drivetrain?

It'll all break & all at the same time! :o Hopefully not before you start tho! ;)

Popped up yesterday for a quick look. Although watching and not competing always makes me a**ey :D .

Adrian and Pig were going well when they weren't squabbling like a married couple (Adrians getting as bad as Jim :lol: :lol: ) or Adrian chatting when Pigster was telling him to do something then blaming me for distracting him! Fair play to them on SS1, Pig worked his a**e off! When I left they had only a handful of punch's left to get.

Chris and Justin were also going well, not sure how many punch's they had when I left but they must have been close to clearing the site as they were moving pretty fast. Didn't see them on the special but I think Chris's truck may have been a tight squeeze through the gates on SS1.

Simon and Chris had a disaster. Ripping a brake pipe off and a U/S gear box in the first few hours which pretty much ended their day. They carried on doing a few, then had winch trouble's, a flat battery and ended up on their side which was a shame as they were looking pretty good early on.

Didn't see too much of Saley and Carl but when I did they seemed to be having fun, last I saw they were struggling to find the punch's they needed for the day. The new winch is very impressive and free spooling it is effortless.

Looked like some good punch's set out well, Definitely an event worth entering.

Anyone know how the night stage went?

Here's a couple of pic's but Im not good with a camera, (usually forget to use it)

post-1274-1207474308_thumb.jpg

post-1274-1207474318_thumb.jpg

post-1274-1207474331_thumb.jpg

post-1274-1207474339_thumb.jpg

post-1274-1207474349_thumb.jpg

post-1274-1207474362_thumb.jpg

post-1274-1207474376_thumb.jpg

post-1274-1207474388_thumb.jpg

the box i fitted a few days before had a problem with reverse. since not having time to test it, the event was over before it began. shame really. the 24v plan really worked well. both winches flew and just didnt slow down even on dead pulls. again, lack of testing revealed a problem with the 24v alternator. as for the brake pipe, qt's reverse dislocation cones had some answering to do....

and before the truck was on its side, i was getting a little Mildly miffed off, so i just said pull it onto its side and drag it out. which worked well!

back to the drawing board.

so i just said pull it onto its side and drag it out. which worked well!

back to the drawing board.

:D I got to admit you didn't look too happy but I had to Laugh when you said "Just drag the ****** out"

What alternator where you using? and what happened to it? As soon as Jim sorts the auto free spool drums I think I'm going to 24v the twin motor!

As soon as Jim sorts the auto free spool drums I think I'm going to 24v the twin motor!

Just over a month to go Steve :D

Then it's in cab freespool Heaven B)

Sounds like a good event, i look forward to seeing the results.

Jim

:D I got to admit you didn't look too happy but I had to Laugh when you said "Just drag the ****** out"

What alternator where you using? and what happened to it? As soon as Jim sorts the auto free spool drums I think I'm going to 24v the twin motor!

i had on old 12v one re wound to 24v. but it never charged properly since i fitted it (the day before) tickover was 24v, pick the revs up a little and it would climb to 27.5v and thats as high as it got. gonna throw it back and ask him a few questions. i'm no elastictrickery geek but its something about magnets being tired, and some other stuff.

24v is definately the way to go, the first few pulls we did were twin motor performance from single motor winch.

Well it was a short weekend, the alternator would have been a easy fix but we were stuffed with no reverse gear.

The winches did pull well with 24 through 12v until we ran out of power.

Those QT dislocation/ relocation things are carp! there a good idea if you never take the truck offroad :lol: If the spring does not relocate properly it takes out the rear caliper brakelines! chances of that happening are high when driving through mud full of bits of tree!

so the top 3 were......

1.) Adrian and Richard

2.) Chris and Justin

3.) John and Carl

not sure about the rest.

blinnin awesome event, me and jim loved it

just didnt enjoy johns snoring next to us ;):lol:

do thing i need my wing bars back though, mine are abit squished :lol:

adrian, did you break your drop arm ball joint on the special stage today :blink:

i was told that i wasnt the only unlucky sod to do it :rolleyes:

will be going again next year, and to slindon aswel if its on

dan

Well, we had a great wekend it had it all sun, snow, wind and bloody cold!!! plus some offroading thrown in as well :P What a good site to play on................. No traction on saturday so lowered the tyre's down to 5psi and then had some grip, night event was fun, we cleared up the punch's and then killed all on the special stage with a 2min run................ the DNF was 30 min :P so back to the camp with a hour still left on the clock :P

Sunday started with 2'' of snow :o so of we went and started on the punch's and cleared all but one, looked high-n-low and just could not find it................. on to the special then............... 3-2-1 go! 3rd gear foot to the floor, first gate clear, second gate clear turn right........car go's left <_< and keep on going............. all i could hear was Pig and Dom shouting RIGHT you to$$er :lol: ........... get out have a look and no TRE!!!................ so a new TRE fitted and of we go looking for the last punch!!! still could not find it found, found the number's to either side but not the one we wanted <_< so back to camp, hand in the score card's and load up.

Prize giving and we have come 1st, but it was close Chris & Justin were only 300 behind with Saley & Carl 3rd.

A big thank's to Paul & Lucy and all the Challenger 4X4 team and the sponsor's for the prize's.

And finally a big thanks to my mate Pigster for the none stop running over the weekend :i-m_so_happy: All those that don't no us we are always like that with the chat......... best keep small children away ;):lol:

Well done to all the co-driver's as you don't get enough recognition and we could not compete with out you :i-m_so_happy:

Hello chaps,

Thank you all for coming to our event and making it sucessful, I so glad you all had a great time even though that north wind was blowing. Anyway I will post the scores later I haven't unpacked the car yet(apart from the children) home very late last night, scary drive, very tired!!!! Hope to see you all soon and hopefully I wont smell of bonfire!!!!! By the way our next event is at Slindon 2-3rd August.

Lucy

xxx

Scores are in..........

1st Place :Adrian Turner & Richard Wetherley 10340

2nd Place:Chris Jones & Justin Degen 10055

3rd Place: John Sales & Carl Hurst 9105

4th Place: Zoltan Guzi & Lee Marchant 7410

5th Place: Andy Nash & David Ley 6905

6th Place: Daniel Thomas & Jimmy Farnell 6520

7th Place: Chris Berryman & Lee Broderick 6285

8th Place: Glynn Yates & Phil Cross 6210

9th Place: Pete Roberts & Ben Burge 3740

10th Place: Mark Belcher & George Hancock 3440

11th Place: Neil Aust & Robert Bass 1870

12th Place: Martin Tennant & Matt Rhodes 1775

13th Palce: Clive Billing & Dominique Brione 1370

14th Place: Luke Billing & Mark Gadsby 630

DNF : Simon Wilkinson & Chris Abel

Speak soon

Lucy

xx

Me very very shattered now (its always interesting mate and fun naturally) ... had to do that thing called work today - - I was pretty much a zombie.. hay ho bring on the next event - - and some warmth please... :lol:

Its the times that we don't shout and curse each other you need to stay clear - -thats when one of us is really upset.

thanks to the organising team again - -cracking event as normal, well thought out (apart from the night stage start line ..... silly boy). The catering was dam good too- - that breaky... nice.. very nice.

And finally a big thanks to my mate Pigster for the none stop running over the weekend :i-m_so_happy: All those that don't no us we are always like that with the chat......... best keep small children away ;):lol:

Well done to all the co-driver's as you don't get enough recognition and we could not compete with out you :i-m_so_happy:

Hi All,

Brilliant event even tho I retired by 1pm saturday afternoon with a broken winch main shaft( Then my Dad did the same :blink: ). I will be entering the next one as it was fab! Next time I will last till at least 2pm on saturday :rolleyes:

Look forward to seeing you all at the next one!

Jim- will be speaking to you soon about hardened shafts for my winches!

Hi All,

Brilliant event even tho I retired by 1pm saturday afternoon with a broken winch main shaft( Then my Dad did the same :blink: ). I will be entering the next one as it was fab! Next time I will last till at least 2pm on saturday :rolleyes:

Look forward to seeing you all at the next one!

Jim- will be speaking to you soon about hardened shafts for my winches!

Bet you wish you bought my spare mainshaft :lol: