110 Td5 rear anti-rollbar's....

Guest deleted

Guest diesel_jim

I picked up an antirollbar a few weeks ago (cheers Chris! B) ) which was originally fitted to an early 110, with the V8/Tdi type fuel tank.

i tried fitting it this week to my project110 td5 chassis (and Td5 fuel tank), only to find that it sticks down too far to mount the bar.

my bar is "straight" between the points where the mounting brackers and rubbers normally sit; so if you can imagine the two brackets on the chassis, the fuel tank sticks down below these (i checked on a "factory" Td5 110 and everything is the same as mine),

So..... question is, does the pukka Td5 110 rollbar have a kink in it to clear the tank, or are there any spacers that fit between the chassis bracket and the bar-bracket to bring it down the inch or so needed?

anyone with a Td5 or later 110 with a bar fitted? could you take a peek for me?

as i've already got a nicely painted bar, would there be anything wrong with making a couple of spacers to fit? (to save me the expense of buying a proper kinked, if available, bar)

as i've got HD (twin spring) suspension, i'd have thought that having the bar brought down an inch or so would be beneficial, as it won't be operating an an alarming angle to "reach" down to the axle??

Muchas gracias amigos B) B)

You've probably looked at your Microcat, my EPC shows the links/rubber bushes & straps to be common parts across the 110 range where fitted, doesn't show any spacers at the chassis bush side.

But on the chassis page it shows 2 x anti roll bar bracket NRC5724 for 110 & 130 where fitted.

hth :D

Guest diesel_jim

Cheers Ralph, yes, i looked at MC. the brackets you show are the weld on ones for chassis's that don't have the brackets already fitted.

looking at the 110 antirollbars, they change part number from Td5 onwards, so i'm suspecting that they have a kink in them to accomodate the tank protrusion.

think i'll be getting some 3x2" box and drilling some holes though it! :D:D

OK, about the brackets mentioned above, wasn't sure if they were additional parts. to clear the bottom of the tank the antiroll bar would need the kink from just inboard of the chassis mounting area of the bar, making up some spacer blocks would be easier.

Guest diesel_jim
making up some spacer blocks would be easier.

i reckon so.....

plan A)... spend lots of £££ on a new bar

plan B ) spend £0 on some box in the garage and half an hour with the drill and a splash of black paint....

i wonder..... :rolleyes::rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest diesel_jim

front anti-roll bars this time!

I fitted my front axle this weekend along with the front antirollbar.

it looks like it'll be right in the way of the propshaft coming out of the diff.... does anyone here have a 110 (or 90) with the fornt AR bar fitted they could take a peek and/or a photo to show me how the shaft is routed?

i suspect it'll fit under the bar (at the moment there is no bodywork or engine/gearbox in the chassis, and along with HD front springs its sitting very high, which could be giving me the impression that there will be a "meeting" of shaft and bar,,, i'm sure i've got the correct bar... its stright, no kinks in it, and came with the proper front chassis mounts and has a little "bow" in each end to clear various axle/radius arm bolts)

cheers! B)

I seem to remember on the 130 (300) it sits above the prop, i do know the oil pi$$es all over it and runs to just outside the width of your drain tray when you try and change the oil.

I would go look but its cold wet and cold and wet outside ;)

Guest diesel_jim
And the rear

post-14-1196782603_thumb.jpg post-14-1196782800_thumb.jpg

nice one Tim, thats brill, answers my question.

I think its because i've got really HD fornt springs in it at the moment and no body/engine/gearbox/any weight at all on them thats causing the probs.

i'll try some softer springs and see how it pans out.

thanks again.